Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Project Coordinator (Various locations).
Scope of Work
SoCha is looking for qualified individuals to fill the role of MEL Project Coordinator to support business development activities and active MEL projects from either Nairobi, Bangkok or Mauritius.
- Assist in identifying and collecting relevant information as part of preparing and writing portions of business development proposals;
- Undertake Country and partner research in preparation for proposal writing;
- Assist in identifying suitable consultants, preparing CVs to required format and writing summary paragraphs for inclusion in the proposal;
- Assist in field research/costing preparation through the collection of quotes (pricing research, logistics and staffing), and
- Contribute to business development, assisting new project preparation, strategy development and internal reporting.
MEL Project Coordination:
- As part of the Corporate Project Team, serve as SoCha Head Quarters’ primary point of contact with SoCha’s field administrative officers;
- Provide accurate budget tracking and pipeline analysis for the program in conjunction with finance and administrative staff;
- Coordinate corporate contractual oversight and compliance, flagging issues for senior review when needed;
- Ensure that branding guidelines from SoCha and client are followed in all written deliverables;
- Support Project Manager, Program Directors and/or field team leadership with timeline, Gantt chart, and/or other work planning services;
- Assist the Team in identifying and onboarding expat consultants, coordinating with HR Manager, and
- Support Quality Assurance (QA) processes in line with Donor requirements
- Demonstrate diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork, productivity, innovation, and support for diversity in working with contract team members;
- Work closely with the HR manager to coordinate the recruitment and onboarding of international consultants working on program task orders;
- Copyedit written deliverables and ensure that all program staff have access to appropriate templates and branding guidelines;
- Draft routine correspondence and proofread materials;
- Assist with preparation of team meetings, including chairing and secretariat duties;
- Assist in preparation and delivery of events, e.g. conferences, workshops etc;
- Respond to requests for information from project and corporate leadership;
- Regularly deal with multiple tasks and ensure that all the management decisions are being properly carried out and products are delivered in a timely manner;
- Maintain all records in line with corporate expectations, and
- Other duties as required to support the work of SoCha’s portfolio of work.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Bachelor in International Development, Project Management or similar field;
- Experience supporting complex projects, preferably in an international development setting;
- Experience in coordinating logistics and administrative tasks;
- English language proficiency both written and spoken; French language proficiency highly desirable;
- Intermediate or advanced level proficiency in the use of standard desktop applications, including the ability to produce documents and presentations of all kinds using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software tools.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Understanding of basic budgeting principles;
- Ability to think outside of the box and make quick decisions in line with contractual requirements;
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally at all levels, including with partners, peers, and consultants, and
- Understanding of MEL principles and practices;
- Experience in writing business development proposals (technical and/or cost) for donor agencies
- Experience in Project Coordination on USAID / donor funded projects, and
- Experience in Event Management and Coordination.
Location: Africa or Asia.
Preference will be given to candidates who reside or are willing to relocate to Mauritius, Nairobi, or Bangkok.
How to apply:
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should lodge an application and their CV (in English) via the form below.
Applications close 30 Nov 2021 however shortlisting will be on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.