Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position title: Grants Officer
Reports to: Head of Fundraising (…Grants Accountant)
Job Grade: TBA
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Mission of the Unit:
The Project Finance Unit serves WWF Kenya as the vital link between programmes, donors, and operations. In doing so we provide financial management, facilitate the flow of funds, support contracting, and apply operational expertise for the effective coordination of programmes, projects and cost centers. We also ensure accountability towards donors.
II. Major function of the role:
The Grants Officer works across all program areas, including collaborating with Procurement, HR and IT to ensure effective and efficient Grant management processes. The Grants Officer will effectively manage a portfolio of grants and provide supportive supervision for grantees in order to facilitate the delivery of quality projects on time and on budget.
onor agreements/Secured and Pipeline Reporting
- Act as the primary repository for all donor agreements maintaining a single database of all incoming contracts and related information
- Review donor documents for administrative requirements and ensure the same are appropriate for execution of the project
- Prepare all internal documentation for review of donor agreements before sign off including assigning new Agreement numbers (CPM) for all new contracts
- Participate in donor inception workshops sharing the key expectations with internal stakeholders
Policy and process improvements on Proposal developments and internal reporting
- Maintain the C2G database/Equivalent – full grant management cycle including concepts, proposals, donor agreements and contracts including funding from private sector (Corporates, HNWIs and IG)
- Ensure smooth operationalization of proposal development cycle and grant management policies and processes
- Support in the administrative requirements for proposal development
- Work closely with the fundraising unit to develop funding status reports for other funding sources (Private sector sources and Individual giving)
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of funding analysis reports to internal stakeholders (Board, Management, technical teams and the finance teams) to support decision making
- Support the fundraising team in updating all donor proposal development portals as approved by primary donors (EU, Biopama, SDC etc) and ensure WWF-Kenya credentials are accurate at all times)
- Maintain real time data for secured and pipeline status – providing the funding status report on a monthly basis and as and when required
- Provide support in the preparation of real time data for secured and pipeline status
- Maintain an updated register of all committed/secured donor funds providing critical components such as:
- Indirect cost recovery and
- Direct Cost recovery (in liaison with respective accountants)
- Program area
- Alignment to SP thematic areas and goals
- Provide real time status report for secured funding levels and pipeline for WWF-Kenya; outlining donor portfolio for each funding stream to support evaluation on progression of overall financial sustainability of WWF-Kenya
B. Grants Support for Outgoing contracts
- Expeditious and accurate preparation of sub-grant agreements incorporating key network provisions and risk mitigating measures as identified in the sub-grant risk register
- Update the sub-grantee register with the newly awarded sub-grantees
- Participate in the pre-award capacity assessment of sub-grantees
Spend rate reports/Funds utilization
- Provide a timely, accurate, and updated spend rate dash-board by the 15th of the subsequent reporting period incorporating broad comments for level of spend from the respective financial reports
Donor reporting/NPO Reporting
- Populating project financial information on Insight annually or as may be required for Network reporting
- Backstopping the grants Accountant while on leave or as circumstances may dictate.
This Job description covers the main tasks. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the post holder is required to perform any other duties which may be assigned from time to time according to the Organizational needs
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position Applied for on the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received no later than 22nd October, 2021. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter.
· Work permit restrictions may apply.
· WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce