Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Entity: Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
The Network Specialist will provide ICT support services and establish standard policies, support documentation, and provide training to team members, to ensure that ICT services are delivered in an optimal manner.
- Conducting problem diagnosis on expert level and ensuring successful resolution of operational calls as assigned by IT Service desk.
- Ensuring external connectivity with service providers and remote access connectivity for local and external clients in secured manner.
- Maintaining Industry standard certified (ITIL) practice in ensuring completion of calls.
- Appropriating knowledge transfer and/or escalating to relevant person and team as may be required.
- Maintaining user and customer satisfaction as per reported incidents.
- Coordinating with vendors for delivery of services procured to optimize network experience and resolve bottlenecks.
- Conducting network performance monitoring through Network Monitoring Systems and agents to develop and implement troubleshooting mechanisms to handle complex scenarios and achieve resolution targets.
- Designing and maturing backup strategies for uninterrupted network services through smart configurations and switchover procedures.
- Proposing and implementing proactive monitoring elements for all AKU-wide network administration. Further tuning and pro-active maintenance of network to deliver best quality user experience.
- Internet bandwidth monitoring and management provided throughout AKU Campuses for all service providers.
- Testing of iterations and design proposals to achieve optimum installation scenario for Routers, Switches, Firewall and Packet shapers along with further operations of respective network element.
- Designing and developing new initiatives and procedures to enhance and maintain network infrastructure services for users and sites.
- Creating network documentation and diagrams of AKU Network topologies and components.
- Planning enhancements and upgrades on the basis of network documentation study.
- Maintaining storage of network documentation for future references and circulation in case of need and upgrades.
- Coordinating with team members in achieving and streamlining effective working patterns and functional goals for effective resolution of Tier II/III Network support calls.
- Creating in-house training opportunities for inter and intra-teams to impart enterprise specific operational skills.
- Developing targets for operating teams and aligning them with the division’s goals and direction for mutual benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- Must possess CCNA qualifications.
- Candidate with CCNP training will be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in the field of IT Network Infrastructure, preferably in large scale enterprise IP networks.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with switches, routers and firewalls of different vendors.
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience of networking protocols and technologies in LAN, WAN and security, as well as wireless networks.
- Ability to handle large scale enterprise level IP networks with know-how of current industry trends.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a business environment.
- Remarkable ability to learn technical concepts quickly and follow through on tasks assigned.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound team and time-management skills.
How To Apply