Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Vacancy | Management Accountant
Nairobi. Full Time. Retail & Energy Sector
About the Company
A player in the LPG Distribution
The Management Accountant reports to the Directors and is a strategic role with responsibility in company finance, accounting and reporting functions.
• Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance | CPA qualification | SAGE Experience
• Experience Level: Mid level
• Experience Length: 5 Years( a minimum of 2 years which should be managerial position or leading teams)
Key Result Areas
• Profitability of the business in line with budgetary provisions.
• Implementation of the business plan and attainment of the business targets.
• Accounting & reporting efficiency
Key Responsibilities and performance areas
Financial Planning and Monitoring
• Maintaining and balancing subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies
• Maintaining general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing trial balance; reconciling entries
• Summarizing financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet; profit and loss and other statements
• Preparing and recording assets, liability, revenue and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
• Performing bank reconciliation and ensuring correct banking is done
• Analyzing financial information and financial status
• Maintaining the payroll
• Safe keeping of company records and assets
• Filing of all company tax returns i.e. PAYE, VAT and INCOME TAX and ensuring statutory payments are done on time;
• Monitoring customer account details for non–payments, delayed payments, generate age analysis and followup on customer payments
• Performing month–end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries
• Coordinating with the accounts team to complete assigned accounting tasks
• Generating financial reports and statements to directors for review
• Analyse inventory analysis reports and resolve variances
• Preparing the month end stock valuations, validating the Cost of sales and
• Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger
• Verifying accurate costs for inventories
• Monitoring inventory transactions
• Assisting in the improvement of internal controls related to inventory
• Reviewing monthly stock gains/losses and ensuring they are within the territory
• Maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
People Leadership and Management
• Providing leadership and guidance to a team of accountants monitoring their performance and general quality of work
• Working collaboratively with sales and logistics teams to achieve shared goals
• Ensuring practical learning experiences for trainees the organization by providing accounting support and guidance
• Ensuring rules and regulations are adhered to by all users
• Motivating and coach the team to operational success
• Consistently promote high standards through personal example and ensuring each member of the team understands the standards and behavior expected of
Minimum Requirements & Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting Option
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA–K)
• Strong knowledge of MS Office
• Experience in SAGE software an added advantage
• At least 4 years’ experience in an FMCG company in the same position.
• Excellent communication and administrative skills
• Exceptional in planning and organizing
• Solution oriented
• Workflow financial management skills
• Ability to work in a competitive and challenging environment
• Self–driven/Goal focused/Target driven
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to meet all assigned deadline
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong leadership and commercial acumen.
How To Apply
To Apply send your cover letter and detailed CV and academic certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com before 15th October 2021.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.