Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (JI) and the overall supervision of the Senior Regional Programme Manager (Joint Initiative). The Senior M&E Assistant will support the implementation of the Programme Monitoring activities and work closely with the missions implementing the Reintegration Facility as well as regional office staff.
CORE FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with the Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (JI), lead the implementation of the M&E strategy, including learning and accountability and generation of reliable data for results-based management of the M&E activities.
- Support and provide technical guidance to country offices with data verification exercise, perform data quality checks, activation, and correction of cases in MiMOSA database.
- Collect, consolidate and analyse data for the internal monthly reports, support Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (JI) with entering and cleaning data in the Online monitoring system.
- Work with the project staff to monitor relevant context related indicators and triggers relevant for the Reintegration Facility operations.
- Support sound, ethical and methodological design and implementation approach for the Reintegration Facility assessments, surveys as well as monitoring plans, ensuring that gender sensitivity and gender analysis is integrated.
- Support Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (JI) with survey design, and developing questionnaires in the KoBo platform, conduct data cleaning, data merging and statistical analysis.
- Establish the management of returnees and community-based response mechanisms in areas where the Reintegration Facility activities are carried out.
- Support project management with the preparation of timely reports to ensure compliance with key programme indicators and ensure project activities are in line with donor requirements.
- Plan, organize and deliver training opportunities and workshops to help IOM programme personnel understand the M&E system and their responsibilities within the system.
- Provide support to external evaluations and conduct internal performance and impact evaluations and other accountability reports as required, including analysis of the findings, and providing recommendations.
- Provide project staff with after action reviews and promote a culture of lessons learning and generation of knowledge.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in social sciences, migration studies, Econometrics, Statistics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with survey design, data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge of the ODK platforms, specifically KoBo.
- Knowledge of the relational databases, SQL is an advantage.
- Professional work experience with United Nations Agency, International Organization and Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) dealing with migrants or refugees would be a strong advantage;
- Ability to consolidate information from multiple sources and present the analysis.
- Strong written and oral communication, organizational and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Excellent command of Excel, statistical analysis software.
- Hard working, good team player, dedicated, ability to monitor and follow up on pending matters.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimum supervision;
Fluency in English (oral and written). Knowledge of French, Amharic, Arabic or Somali is an advantage.
How To apply
Submit cover letter and CV, including daytime telephone and e-mail contact to: International Organization for Migration (IOM), RO Human Resources Department, send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 October 2021
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.