Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Regional Data Hub Junior Consultant
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Regional Policy & Programme Coordinator, the direct supervision of the Regional Data Hub (RDH) Coordinator and in close coordination with the Regional Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the core migration data intiatives of the RDH, including: the analysis and research of mixed migration movements across the region; the packaging and dissemination of the RDH products; and capacity development activities on migration data at the national and regional level.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support the analysis and validation of mixed migration data collected at various points along the migration journey: en route, stranded or in need of assistance, voluntary and forced returns, humanitarian evacuations, and return and reintegrated migrants.
- Contribute to research, analysis, and report on mixed migration data, and support designing the information management (IM) products and their dissemination to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Conduct data verification, triangulation and validation through multiple sources, both primary and secondary (including media monitoring, local authorities, network of key informants).
- Support the Displacement Tracking Matrix Flow Monitoring activities through reporting and analysis, editing, publication and dissemination of relevant products.
- Support in drafting thematic research, designing survey methodologies, and monitor field operations of data collection efforts in close coordination with the RDH team.
- Support to implement capacity development initiatives on migration data in close collaboration with National Statistical Offices and Regional Economic Communities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Advanced degree from an accredited academic institution in a field of study related to social science, economy, information management, or other relevant disciplines with one year of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent research, writing, communication and analytical skills;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports;
- Client Orientation;
- Continuous Learning;
- Creativity and Initiative;
- Planning and Organizing;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness;
- IT skills, especially Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud (a great command of Excel, InDesign and Illustrator is a strong advantage).
Fluency in English is required (oral and written). Knowledge of French is advantageous.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a technical and financial proposal with examples of past, relevant research on soft copies, CV and a cover letter indicating the Position Title and Vacancy Number with three professional referees (previous and current supervisors), and their contacts (both email and telephone) to International Organization for Migration (IOM), RO Human Resources Department, via e-mail: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 17 October 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.