Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Vaccination Coordinator and in close coordination with the IOM Global Vaccination Coordinator and Migration Health Advisor, Global Health Security, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting IOM’s COVID-19 vaccination efforts within the Migration Health Division (MHD).
CORE FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- With the Regional Vaccination Coordinator (RVC), facilitate the provision of technical (through Technical Instructions), operational guidance and information, to facilitate sound IOM COVID-19 & other vaccination programme efforts by IOM and partner clinics.
- Facilitate the coordination of IOM COVID-19 vaccination activities in resettlement with Regional CDC offices and other partners.
- Monitor COVID-19 outbreaks and vaccination status in all countries affecting IOM migration health operations in the Region.
- Be up-to-date regarding technical and operational vaccination publications, alert the coordinator and summarize highlights.
- Facilitate all relevant health education materials are available, and staff are trained on using these materials with refugees.
- Facilitate the design and delivery of COVID-19 vaccination specific trainings and also monitor training completion/coverage in the Region.
- Assist with collection and timely submission of vaccination related inputs for institutional reporting purposes such as regular updates on important developments, MHD efforts and related operations.
- Assist with the collecting, reviewing and presentation of vaccination data and survey development in relation to vaccinations of migrant populations, as well as contribute to the formulation of presentations, updates, guidance documents/policies.
- Assist Country Offices in overseeing project implementation and reporting to partners and donors, and the evaluation of vaccination related programs. Inform Regional Vaccination Coordinator of these initiatives.
- Assist with the preparation of training materials for staff in implementing vaccination programmes and support the capacity building of staff globally through trainings, webinars or field visits.
- Establish surveillance for infodemics and assist country operations in addressing vaccination hesitancy in the Region.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Public Health, Medicine, Social Sciences, Nursing, or related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Four years’ experience working on vaccination issues.
- Familiarity and/or experience with project development, management, monitoring and evaluation is an advantage.
- Experience working with health data is desirable.
- Practical experience of how-to multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
- Computer/software literate, preferably advanced skills in Microsoft software.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise progress reports, project documents and proposals.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds.
Fluency in both written and spoken English is required. Working knowledge of French or Spanish is an added advantage.
How To apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address email@example.com referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 11 October 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.