Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experience Research Assistant to provide support to the Global Biotech Potato Partnership project.
The Position: The Research Assistant will be based in Nairobi-Kenya and will report to the Associate Scientist – Molecular Biologist.
- Develop gene constructs, validation, and transfer into E.coli and Agrobacterium.
- Support on agrobacterium genetic transformation and selection on appropriate media.
- Molecular characterization of transgenic events by PCR, RTq-PCR, Southern blot, sequencing, and bioinformatics.
- Support on isolation and maintenance of potato pathogens.
- Perform bio-assays using artificial infection of potato plants with local strains in the biosafety glasshouse and other biosafety approved facilities.
- Ensure plant care in the growth chambers, screen house and glasshouse.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology, Biology, Biochemistry or Plant Pathology with strong skills in Molecular Biology.
- At least 03 years’ experience in molecular biology, genetic transformation, and plant tissue culture preferably with roots, tubers or banana crops
- Knowledge of experimental design, planning and managing lab, greenhouse and field experiments.
- Advanced level of MS Office.
- Advanced knowledge of database work.
- Advanced statistical research analysis.
- Fluent in Kiswahili.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Hard working with ability to handle multiple work activities in an effective manner.
What are we offering?
- Excellent working environment.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
What are the conditions?
The position is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Kenya nationals and permanent residents only. The employment contract will be for one (01) year (with a 3-month probation period) possibility of renewal, subject to availability of funding.