Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT) was established in 2002 by the Government of Kenya and European Union. EU later relinquished their position to the Royal Danish Embassy in Kenya, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark (DANIDA) through a Trust Deed of 2013.
The Trust is a development organization with a purpose to grow small holder farmers and Agri
SME’s to increase productivity, income and enhance competitiveness for job creation especially
for youth and women. This is achieved through capacity building which includes skills development, technical support, business advisory, financial and market linkages.
Our focus is to facilitate support and provision of integrated financial and business development services for small holder farmers and Agri SME’s in Kenya. This is aimed at enabling beneficiaries to access finance, increase agricultural productivity, agro-processing, and access markets/ trade opportunities.
For over a decade, MESPT has partnered with development agencies, donors, and investors to build the capacity of the business services sector and the agricultural sector in Kenya through our unique tripartite business model that links Farmers, Agri- SMEs, and Financial Institutions – creating linkages along value chains.
ABOUT AGRIFI FOOD SAFETY PROGRAMME
The AgriFI Food Safety Programme is an EU funded Programme whose focus is on Food Safety
(Sanitary & Phyto-sanitary Standards), Plant and Animal Health. The programme’s interventions
aim at addressing the food safety concerns for both domestic and international market especially in Dairy, Aquaculture and Horticulture (Beans, Mango and Avocado) value chains. The – programme’s overall budget is EUR 7 million and is running for a period of 6 years from 2018 to 2023.
Broadly the project will strengthen the capacities of value chain actors, bolstering commercial farming and improving food security. The project approach is participatory and comprises various interrelated methodologies: market-driven approach, competitive selection of counties/beneficiaries, training of trainers (Tot’s), blended learning methodology and use of incentives.
As part of its development programme, MESPT is seeking to engage a highly committed, results-oriented, self-driven professional with excellent administration skills for the successful delivery of the programme administrative activities.
Job Title: Programme Assistant
Company: Micro Enterprise Support Programme Trust (MESPT)
Position Reports to: Programme Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi
Benefits 25 days annual leave, Medical Insurance, 20% Gratuity and 7.5% leave allowance
Expected Travel Significant travel
The job holder is responsible for providing overall day to day administrative & logistical support to the Programme team in the implementation of Food Safety strategies integral to achieving the objectives of the Agrifi Programme.
- Assist in coordinating the implementation of the programme with other stakeholders.
- Support the programme team on various administrative and logistical tasks as per the work plan.
- Assist program staff during survey planning and implementation especially in preparing the logistics required.
- Provide effective support to the Programme team in organizing programme meetings, appointments for the programme staff and take minutes during meetings as required.
- Ensure efficient filing of programme documentation and manage the programme’s Electronic Document Management System.
- Assist the Project Officers in data collection, data entry and data cleaning/verification.
- Support in compiling periodic reports on the status of the programme on a need’s basis.
- Assist in documenting and sharing relevant information and lessons learnt with programme staff.
- In charge of all the office administration duties including office inventory management to ensure an efficient operation of the office.
- Effectively liaise with both external and internal stakeholders and provide timely and smooth flow of information and appropriate communication within the program office.
- Coordinate and facilitate requests related to venue requirements, works orders, travel requests and materials for publications.
- Maintain contract details of all programme assets/resources.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of contact details of service providers, monitor renewal of existing service contracts, and verify and check that services are provided efficiently.
- Receive incoming mail and invoices and direct them to the appropriate team members.
- Keep a record of inbound and outbound mail.
- Ensure the cleanliness and the good disposition of the programme office.
Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time
Key Relationships Internal
- Head of Programmes
- HR Manager
- Project Officers
- Programme Accountants
- Administration Officer
- Procurement Officer
- ICT Officers
- Service Providers
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant post-qualification experience in a busy office environment, preferably in an NGO, Research organization or large development project
- Previous working experience in donor-funded programmes is desirable.
- Previous experience in front office management and/or customer service would be an added advantage.
- Good command of English both oral and written.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask on demanding roles.
- Good planning and coordination skills.
- Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment and work well in a team.
- Highly organized individual in planning activities and tracking usage of organization resources.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Related Field.
- Professional Certification in Project Management will be an added advantage
- Excellent computer skills especially with MS Word and Excel and presentation related packages
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, and service providers.
- Highly organized in both time and in resources; need to manage progress reports and work plan.
- Analytical skills and critical thinking
- Ability to multitask; work well under pressure and work efficiently to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to allow for collaboration with other team players.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity with strong communications skills
- Report writing and problem-solving skills
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available and MESPT reserves the right to make necessary changes.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters indicating their:
Current/last remuneration, detailed CV with email address, daytime telephone contacts, names, and email contacts of 3 professional referees, 2 must have supervised you at some point, with one being your most recent supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference and Job Title in the subject line.
The candidate must legally be eligible to work full time in Kenya.
Please do not send certificates at this stage.
Deadline for applications is 11th October 2021.
MESPT is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to Gender Equity and Diversity.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.