Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Applications are invited for the following opportunity:
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D) SCHOLARSHIP, KENYA AIDS VACCINE INITIATIVE – INSTITUTE OF CLINICAL RESEARCH (KAVI-ICR) – AD/10/210/21 (1 POST)
This is a Newborn and Infant Health Research Global Health Unit programme on stillbirth and neonatal death prevention and management in Sub Saharan Africa and South Asia. The studentship is in the thematic working area on effectiveness of a community-based peer-support programme for women who give birth to stillborn babies and have co-morbidities (fistula) in Kenya. The expected output is to have a context-appropriate, feasible intervention to improve support for women after stillbirth and obstetric fistula in Kenya, and a protocol for a large-scale trial.
Required skills and experience
- A minimum of three (3) years post-qualification experience in midwifery, public health or any other related field.
- Understanding of current context of care after stillbirth including physical psychological, social and economic sequelae of obstetric fistula.
- Previous experience of participatory approaches and qualitative research methods would be an asset.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
The applicant must satisfy the University of Nairobi general entrance requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy. In addition, they must have the following:
- A Master’s degree in a field relevant to the thematic area from a university recognized by the University of Nairobi Senate.
- A Bachelor’s degree (at least second-class honours, upper division) in a relevant area from a university recognized by the University of Nairobi Senate.
- A PhD concept note of the applicant’s area of study, duly approved by the applicant’s supervisors.
- The scholarship will be provided by the KAVI-ICR and will be tenable at the University of Nairobi.
- The scholarship will cover tuition fees and travel expenses.
- The applicant should be a resident/citizen of Kenya.
- The successful applicant will be based at KAVI-ICR and be engaged as a Research Assistant during the period of the studentship.
- The applicant is expected to fill the Application form available from the University of Nairobi website
- Applicants should email their application letters and certified copies of certificates and CV giving details of their qualifications, experience and 3 referees indicating their telephone and e-mail contacts.
- Applications and related documents should be addressed to The Head of Research, KAVI-ICR and forwarded through the applicants’ Head of Department, where applicable.
- The application letter must bear the reference code as shown in the advertisement.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY OCTOBER 15, 2021
THE UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.