Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Research Assistant ,Centre for Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law (CIPIT) .
Number of positions: 3
Department: Centre for Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law (CIPIT)
Reporting to: Research Fellow, CIPIT
Start Date: November 2021
Basic job summary
The Centre for Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law (CIPIT) is an evidence-based research and training Centre based at Strathmore University, Nairobi, Kenya. The Research Assistant will be primarily responsible for assisting a Research Fellow in carrying out ICT and IP research activities at CIPIT.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with data collection via interviews with relevant parties as well as secondary data collection via desktop research.
- Assist with academic research, editing and preparation of manuscripts, and duties related to the production of project reports.
- Conduct research work in archives, through interviews, online, or whatever may be appropriate to assist the supervisor.
- Meeting regularly with the supervisor to discuss research assignments.
- Assist in organizing project related events including but not limited to workshops and report launches, publication, and communication of research reports.
- Contribute to the CIPIT Blog on a regular basis.
- Attending events on behalf of CIPIT.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the director
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Law or a related field;
- Completion of Kenya School of Law is a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to carry out research and publish results;
- Knowledge and experience in Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law;
- Knowledge and experience in Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Policy, and Data Policy.
- Experience with research projects is a plus.
Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to conduct research.
- Excellent writing skills, good presentation skills/ public speaking skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Dependable and a problem solver
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated with good time management.
- Can work well within a team, proactive, dynamic and innovative.
- Technical competency (including familiarity with common programming languages) will be considered a plus.
How To Apply
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Research Assistant” on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th October 2021. Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.