Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Candidate Pack Investment And Advisory Intern
Location: This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Reporting to: Manager- Investment and Advisory (IAS).
Duration: 6 Months.
The AECF is a leading development finance organization that supports businesses to innovate, create jobs and leverage investments to build resilience and sustainable incomes for rural and marginalized communities in Africa.
The AECF’s goal is to bridge the investment gap between early-stage enterprise and business
maturity for entrepreneurs serving the poorest communities. We provide patient capital to new and innovative business models in the agribusiness and renewable energy sectors across Sub-Saharan Africa through various financing instruments. To supplement finance, we also offer advisory services, investment support, and knowledge and insights.
The AECF has successfully implemented programmes across 26 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, supporting over 343 enterprises, raising US$ 392 million in funding for programmes that have created 25,000 jobs and impacted 28 million lives.
The AECF is headquartered in Kenya, with offices in Côte d’Ivoire and Tanzania.
- Conducting research, analysis, and provision of background information on specific priority areas for the IAS unit.
- Support in developing and updating reports, presentations, and charts.
- Day to day administrative tasks including editing and formatting documents, preparing presentations, knowledge management and procurement activities.
- Maintain updated trackers and dashboards of IAS activities (budgets, work plan, interventions – under procurement, on-going, closed, financial forecasts and expenses).
- Provide logistics support for organizing meetings and trainings, coordinate translators and interpreters, conduct polls after trainings.
- AECF is seeking to recruit a dynamic, proactive, and passionate intern for a six-month placement to provide research, data analysis, monitoring of interventions, planning and coordination of advisory service provision, information processing and procurement support.
- You will be part of a small and highly motivated team supporting over 100 investee companies across Africa with business advisory and investment (IAS) raising support.
- The Candidate Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Development Finance, Development Studies, or other relevant fields of study.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Be skilled in Ms Office Tools, (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Be attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Have good research, analytical and organizational skills.
- Be Fluent in English and proficient in additional languages – French is preferred.
- Be a quick learner, flexible, a strategic thinker and agile.
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Suitable candidates should:
- An agile and fast working environment and a team that is keenly interested in making a positive difference through their work and who share a collaborative, can-do spirit.
What to expect
An internship that provides insights into the growth needs of Africa’s SMEs in Agribusiness and
renewable energy sectors, broad exposure, and good opportunities to learn.
How to Apply
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role register and apply on:
To be considered, your application must be received by: 20th October 2021.
For more information, please visit our careers page on http://www.aecfafrica.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other characteristic protectedby applicable law.