IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The job holder reports to the Regional Manager. He/She is charged with the following responsibilities:-:
The job holder is in-charge of the Branch operations and performs the following tasks: –
- Plans, supervises and coordinates the operations of the branch;
- Guides and advises on credit management and administrative policies;
- Responsible for the preparation and implementation of branch plans and budgets;
- Appraises, evaluates credit applications for approval.
- Coordinates disbursement and monitors project implementation;
- Co-ordinates loan recovery measures including foreclosure and advertisement;
- Manages the branch credit portfolio;
- Undertakes monitoring and evaluation and prepares periodic reports;
- Manages branch staff and other resources and advises on use and deployment;
- Represents the Corporation at the stakeholders’ forums;
- Handles the performance management; supervision and development of staff in the Branch.
Qualifications and experience
- General Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Social Science or a related fields from a recognized university.
- Post graduate diploma in Agriculture, Cooperative Management, Banking, Entrepreneurship, Microfinance or equivalent, will be an added advantage.
- 7 years’ experience in a busy service oriented environment preferably in the Agricultural Sector, Banking Sector or within a development financial Institution.
- Sound background in Credit operations and portfolio management.
- Be a team player who is able to develop strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Computer literacy is a must
- Possess/demonstrate project and process management skills
- Be a result oriented relationship builder with an exceptional entrepreneurial spirit and capacity to work under pressure without supervision in tough and competitive environment so as to grow a collectable portfolio and increase the volume of AFC lending business.
- Knowledge of credit processes
- Leadership skills for teams
- Good credit underwriting skills
- Analytical and critical thinker.
- Possess excellent organization, mobilization, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Be a team player who is able to develop strong relationships with range of stakeholders and demonstrates ability to influence at multiple levels within the Agricultural Sector.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity and are thus required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board (clearance Certificate)
- Criminal investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- EACC (Self Declaration form)
- CRB Certificate.
Interested candidates may access detailed job specifications, duties and responsibilities for the positions and the experience required on our website www.agrifinance.org.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae including three referees with their current telephone contacts, copies of certificates and testimonials should be addressed to: –
The Managing Director
Agricultural Finance Corporation
Development House 7th Floor, Moi Avenue
P.O. Box 30367 – 00100 GPO
Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd October 2021 at 5.00 pm.
AFC is an equal opportunity Employer. Lack of inclusion of all details as sought for or any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.