Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
Context of the role
About Technology Enabled Girl Ambassadors (TEGA)
Adolescent girls are one of the hardest groups to reach in societies. The challenges they face are often under-reported or described on their behalf. Without the inclusion of their perspective, solutions designed to support them aren’t as effective as they could be.
Co-created with girls, TEGA (Technology Enabled Girl Ambassadors) is Girl Effect’s mobile based research tool, that allows girls to collect real-time insights into the lives of their peers. This unique approach unlocks the open and honest conversations that might otherwise be lost or not included in traditional research.
TEGA networks have gathered data from girls and communities on topics including nutrition, economic empowerment, health and wellbeing, vaccines, mobile access, social media and education. This girl-talk method is especially useful when researching sensitive topics like HIV or sexual health.
TEGA piloted its first network in 2014, shortly after proving concept through the pilot we went through a period of rapid growth and we are now focused on delivering crucial insights for Girl Effect’s programming work. We have detailed TEGA project management guides and processes in place, this role will need to lead on thinking with regards to any updates required to the TEGA guides and processes and will be pivotal to determining future ambitions for TEGA. This role will require someone with strong management and strategic thinking skills as they will be representing TEGA in Senior level discussions. It will also require someone to think creatively about the longer-term strategy for TEGA whilst also supporting a team on implementing TEGA projects, we are therefore looking for a real doer and a thinker!
What you will do
Line Management and team leadership
- To line manage the TEGA Tech Manager, TEGA Senior Manager and TEGA consultants.
- To represent TEGA in Senior Level discussions.
- To work closely with the Head of Impact to ensure that TEGA responds to our evidence and insights needs and that our networks are being fully utilised.
- To work closely with the Head of Programmes to ensure that TEGA is a clear part of internal Girl Effect discussions around Programming.
- To work closely with the Head of Fundraising to ensure that TEGA is a clear part of GE’s fundraising approach.
- To lead the thinking on New Market Entry for TEGA and potential new TEGA business models e.g., TEGA Franchising.
- To conduct weekly informal check in sessions with the team, maintaining team morale and supporting task prioritisation.
Ongoing Project Management of TEGA research projects and network setups
- To Project Manage our TEGA projects, in close alignment with our TEGA Evidence Manager.
- To manage implementing partner deliverables to ensure that they are delivering on time and within budget
- To play the role of Safeguarding focal point for the TEGA team, understanding the Safeguarding policies and procedures of TEGA and to work closely with the Safeguarding team on all TEGA safeguarding related issues.
- Conduct monthly calls with TEGA Project Managers and Evidence teams in India, Tanzania and Ethiopia to ensure that we are continually learning from each other.
- On an adhoc basis, Project Manage additional projects outside of TEGA where required.
- To manage the Global TEGA product budget and to track monthly expenditure with our finance business partner
- To own the TEGA credit card and to submit expenses each month to the finance team.
- To create and manage TEGA project budgets, utilising existing templates where necessary to cost up new TEGA research projects and possible network setups.
- To ensure that we are running cost effective networks, and are driving a full cost-recovery fundraising model for TEGA.
- Management of TEGA franchising conversations, leading on identifying a franchisee that could run their own TEGA network.
- To manage new business conversations and to represent TEGA in any possible new business/new programming conversations.
Who you are
We are looking for someone with strong Project Management and Partnership Management expertise. Experience in a fast-growing start up would be desirable and at least 2 years in a role leading a team. You should be a self-starter, who is looking to get their hands dirty and project manage projects whilst also thinking strategically about TEGA, and steer the Global TEGA team.
- 4-5 years of experience in senior project management and budget management
- Strong team leadership experience.
- Strong communication (written & verbal), interpersonal and organisational skills
- Creative & strategic thinker with the confidence to contribute new ideas and suggestions
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Self-starter – confident and proactive in generating and leading new initiatives
- Ability to facilitate team working and problem solving through a range of approaches (brainstorming, workshops, training etc.)
- Strong analysis, problem resolution, judgement and decision-making skills
- Demonstrable relationship-management skills
- Familiarity with the web/digital industry, processes and techniques a distinct advantage
- Comfortable interfacing with external design & technology teams to develop proposals and solution assessments and communicating this back to the internal team
- Team player with demonstrated ability to execute across a cross-functional team
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude
- Adaptable – able to work in complex and changing environments in a fast-paced organisation
- Agile methodology certification or solid experience in Agile or other project management methodology delivery
- Experience with delivery of technology infrastructure projects
- Exposure to and understanding of GDPR and implications for organisations
- Experience working in a global setting, across multiple time zones and different cultures; ideally India, Southeast Asia and/or Africa
- Interest in International Development and girl empowerment
What else you should know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. In turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause.
Girl Effect is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
This role is being recruited on a 12-month fixed term contract basis.
This role is subject to a standard/ enhanced background disclosure.
Application closes on 27th October 2021
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a substantial number of suitable applications.