Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Junior IT Analyst
Job Location: Nairobi
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions.
We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa.
We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About The Role
We are hiring a junior Junior IT Analyst to join our software development team. You will work alongside developers and report directly to the Business Analyst. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Working with internal and external customers in gathering, validating and documenting business requirements.
- Support in the prioritization of requirements from various stakeholders.
- Modelling and documenting business processes and identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Identifying issues, risks and benefits of existing and proposed solutions and outlining business impacts.
- Creating functional specifications for solutions.
- Supporting business transition (specifically from IT Systems point of view) and helping to establish change.
- Carrying out training sessions and workshops to guide relevant teams.
- Communicate, translate, and simplify business requirements to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders
- Discover, organize, and clarify business needs and review/produce specifications for change
- Work with the development team to support prioritise feature releases and ensure that they understand the specifications.
- Support in the Quality Assurance and Testing of features for the Production Environment
- Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/ Computing Related fields.
- Experience taking software projects through the entire software life-cycle (requirements analysis, design, implementation, deployment, post deployment support).
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Leadership and management skills
- An interest in, and understanding of, project management techniques and computing systems
How To Apply
Application Deadline is 15-10-2021
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS:
Sanergy and Fresh Life do not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). Sanergy and Fresh Life do not ask for information pertaining to your bank account details and any other personal information outside the recruitment process. If you receive such solicitation, kindly contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanergy and Fresh Life: Building healthy, prosperous communities.