Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Warehouse Manager – Central Parts Depot (CPD)
Toyota Kenya Limited is the sole appointed distributor and service provider of Toyota, Yamaha, HINO and Suzuki brands in Kenya. Our company is a subsidiary of CFAO Group which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Tsusho Corporation.
From its inception in 1964, Toyota Kenya Limited has grown to be a leader in the Automotive industry in Kenya. Our Vision is to be the Company where Customers love to visit and people love to work.
The Warehouse Manager – CPD will report to the National Parts Manager and will be based in Nairobi.
The Warehouse Manager – CPD will be responsible for the implementation of a warehouse strategy that ensures the delivery of efficient and effective inbound and outbound warehouse operations, for all the Toyota Kenya brands, in line with the Toyota Kenya and manufacturers’ guidelines on warehouse management.
Main Responsibilities of the job
Develop and Implement the Central Parts Depot strategy to ensure the operations of the depot support timely delivery of service to customers both internal and external in a timely manner
- Develop and implement the departmental budget in line with the Toyota Kenya budgeting guidelines to ensure the allocation of sufficient resources required for the successful implementation of the Central Parts Depot strategy
- Develop policies and procedures for the department to ensure the availability of guidelines that support the compliance of the depot operations with the Toyota Kenya and manufacturer guidelines on warehouse management
- Develop and implement work plans to assist the implementation of the department strategy within agreed timelines and quality standards
- Monitor the utilisation of the Warehouse budget to ensure the efficiency in the utilisation of resources as per the assigned budgetary targets
- Coordinate job process flows and procedures to ensure compliance with Manufacturer guidelines and continuous support
- Monitor compliance with Warehouse security procedures to ensure security bridges are addressed in a timely manner in order to secure the Toyota Kenya assets
- Supervise the delivery of service by the warehouse team to ensure the team performs within the expected performance timelines, and that it is highly motivated
- Schedule consignments to ensure receiving of parts into the Warehouse is planned for in line with the Toyota Kenya guidelines, for enhanced efficiency and effectiveness in the process
- Develop dispatch schedules and ensure they are followed to ensure timely delivery to customers both internal and external
- Monitor return parts order processing and binning on a daily basis to ensure information captured is accurate
- Follow up on submission of claims for shortage or over supplied parts for corrective action on the variances
- Follow-up on submission of Insurance claims for damaged parts in line with the terms of payment to ensure settlement by the insurance company
- Prepare Warehouse perpetual count map and coordinate stock counts to ensure it is in line with perpetual count map
- Coordinate the mid-year and annual wall to wall stock counts in line with company policies and procedures to ensure that actual stock matches stock transactions recorded on the system, and that any variances are identified and addressed in a timely manner
- Check on goods in transit report and address any gaps in the process to enhance timelines and compliance with the Toyota Kenya guidelines on stock management
- Monitor Warehouse access controls and carry out weekly safety patrols to promote security in the warehouse
- Monitor bin audit progress to improve on space utilization and reduce Warehouse denials
- Resolve arising issues promptly from internal and external customers to enhanced customer satisfaction and retention
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role
- Degree in Procurement & Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field from a recognised institution.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in a warehouse management
- Product knowledge in motor industry
- Good knowledge in supply chain management
- Proficiency in Ms Office packages
- Working experience of SAP will be an added advantage
How To Apply
If you meet the requirements above, kindly SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FORM.
Applications close on Friday 22nd October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted