Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Programme Officer (PO) – Design, Monitoring, Evaluation & Partnerships. The position is based in Nairobi, with frequent field travel to DCA and partner field sites, and reports to the Head of Programmes.
The main responsibilities of the Programme Officer (PO) are:
Fundraising, project design and proposal development:
- With the Head of Programmes and Country Director, strategically engage with donors to develop DCA’s funding opportunities and align these with partner plans and approaches.
- Support the development of new project ideas, concept notes and full proposals including financial planning and budgeting.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning
- Work with programme team members to support the use of data, research and learning to help DCA and partners adjust programming approaches and share learning with others.
- Facilitate, support and initiate digitised baseline, monitoring and evaluation data collection and other assessmentsand generate relevant reports.
- Collaborate and coordinate with partners and programme teams to ensure that consolidated narrative and financial reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with DCA team members and potential consultants, as well as with partner staff, on the evaluation of project activities, documenting lessons learned through case studies and review workshops.
- Facilitate/support collaboration and cross learningamong DCA projects & partners through information sharing, exposure visits and active partner participation in DCA platforms/forums.
- In close consultations with the HoP, serve as the DCA Kenya Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS)/Accountability focal point in engaging with DCA and partner staff in implementing the approved organisational Accountability Improvement Plans (AIPs).
Partner support and capacity building
- Ensure regular and effective partner communication and follow up on project cycle management related aspects.
- Engage with DCA’s partners to understand and support them in their own growth trajectory, tailoring the support DCA provides with the needs and request for support from partners.
- Facilitate, monitor and follow up on partner financial and programmatic implementation.
- Analyse partner project data and reports to draw lessons learned and work with the partner to propose corrective measures where necessary.
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the Head of Programmes.
- Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the Head of Programmes from time to time.
- University level education in any of the following fields: Project Management, Economics/Business, Social Science or Rural /Community development or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience supporting market-based livelihoods & value chain development and/or youth empowerment programmes preferred.
- Proven project cycle management and monitoring & evaluation skills.
- Knowledge of the rights-based approach & the international standards for working with humanitarian response such as SPHERE, Code of Conduct, & Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.
The deadline for applications is: 26/10/2021
Only online applications will be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA offers: DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.