Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KNCHR is mandated to monitor state and non-state actors to ensure that they comply with both national and international laws and policies as well as human rights standards in all their undertakings. KNCHR further reviews legislation and policies to ensure compliance with the Constitution and international human rights standards and principles. In addition, KNCHR has the mandate to give advisories to the Kenyan government on issues of human rights. In line with its mandate of monitoring compliance to human rights standards and principles in the pre, during and post 2022 electioneering period, the Commission with the support of the DANIDA and URAIA is calling for applications for Three (3) data analysts to be based in the Head Office in Nairobi.
Position: Data Analysts
Duration: Six months
Duty Station: Nairobi
- Use the KNCHR data collection platforms (digital and physical) and analyze the information and profile it to the required the standards as instructed.
- Follow up and report on any human rights violations categories as assigned
- Gather information in relation to human rights compliance and violations and flag out key issues for follow up
- Bring to the attention of the supervisor, any new trends of human rights violations (geographical or categories) for action
- Keep in safe custody equipment and/or materials provided by the KNCHR for use in the project and return them to the designated officer upon the conclusion of the project or on demand.
- Assist and accompany the KNCHR team on field visits during planned or unplanned missions.
- Submit a final report at the end of the contract period.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned.
Key Requirements for Appointment:
- Diploma, Higher National Diploma or Degree in Social Sciences, IT, Communication, Paralegal studies or any other related field.
- Demonstrated (1) year active experience in the field of human rights, IT or paralegal activities
- Excellent written and IT skills, with working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Tools.
- A good understanding of the political and social dynamics of the country.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous engagements on elections monitoring and related assignments will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
If you possess the above qualifications, send your application letter together with a detailed CV, names and telephone contacts of three referees, to reach us by C.O.B 22nd October, 2021 through email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should be addressed as follows;
The Commission Secretary,
Kenya National Commission on Human Rights,
P. O. Box 74359 – 00200
KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer which offers a competitive remuneration commensurate to qualifications and experience. Qualified female candidates and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the application.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
KNCHR does NOT have recruitment agents and does NOT charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process. Report any incident of extortion to KNCHR or to the Police