Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) is a constitutional body established under Article 59 of the Constitution of Kenya and Section 3 of the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act No 14 of 2011 (revised) 2012. It has the core mandate to develop a culture of Human Rights through the promotion and protection of rights and fundamental freedoms in the Republic of Kenya.
The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) is an independent National Human Rights Institution created under Article 59 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and established by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament (the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act, 2011) and in accordance with the United Nations Principles relating to the Status of National Institutions (Paris Principles). KNCHR’s mandate includes furthering the protection and promotion of human rights in Kenya, acting as a watchdog over the Government in the area of human rights, and the provision of Leadership in moving the country towards a human rights respecting state. KNCHR fulfils its human rights mandate through five Directorates including: Complaints and Investigations, Research, Advocacy and Outreach, Legal Services, Regional Services and Corporate Services. The Commission has offices in Nairobi, Wajir, Kitale, Mombasa, Kisumu and Nyahururu.
Position: Resource Person- Social Media Champion – REF:KNCHR/ADM/PAC/07/2021-Open
Division: Public Affairs and Communication
Duty Station: Nairobi with occasional travel
Gross Salary: Kshs. 35,000 per month
Duration: Twenty Four (24) months
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support creation of a social media plan that collaborates with KNCHR core mandate, corporate communications and advertising campaigns and human rights trends;
- Assist in create timely and engaging social media content for use and to the intended audience;
- Assist in initiating and monitoring social media conversations for KNCHR brand enhancement opportunities and initiate conversations on behalf of KNCHR in liaison with the supervisor;
- Assist to analyze and report on the KNCHR’s social media actions for successes and new opportunities;
- Create engaging and professional social media visuals that reflect the Commission’s brand
- Assist to customize KNCHR social media information in its online platforms e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc;
- Stay current with social media trends and tools – including social media networking and participating in relevant human rights work blogs in liaison with PAC leads;
- Initiate KNCHR’s social media etiquette skills to ensure delivery of the right online messages, answering queries, stimulate discussions on KNCHR mandate and encourage debate on on-going activities;
- Assist to create KNCHR’s real time content and ideas on digital, social media platforms and website for use by print and broadcast media;
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of PAC and Senior Human Rights Officer (PAC).
Qualifications, Experience and Key Competencies:
Candidates must possess the following:-
- Minimum one (1) year of social media experience preferably account management experience;
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Public Relations, communications, Journalism or any other business related course;
- Proven experience including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Google Communities, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube and more;
- Proven knowledge of social media and analytics software (Hootsuite, Raven Tools, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.);
- Working knowledge of social media paid advertising campaigns including Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter;
- Strong understanding of user-generated content management, content communication and reputation management;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strategic content creation and excellent writing skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Exceptional time management skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and editing skills.
How To Apply
If you possess the above qualifications, please submit a clear application letter, a complete and updated Curriculum Vitae that includes your valid contacts and a copy of national ID electronically through firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th October 2021 indicating the correct title and reference number as the subject of the email.
Appointment or assignment against these positions are for an initial period of one year and are subject to renewal for a further one year based on performance of the incumbents.
KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer which offers a competitive remuneration commensurate to qualifications and experience. Qualified female candidates and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the application.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
KNCHR does NOT have recruitment agents and does NOT charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process. Report any incident of extortion to KNCHR or to the Police.