Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) is a constitutional body established under Article 59 of the Constitution of Kenya and Section 3 of the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act No 14 of 2011 (revised) 2012. It has the core mandate to develop a culture of Human Rights through the promotion and protection of rights and fundamental freedoms in the Republic of Kenya.
The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) is an independent National Human Rights Institution created under Article 59 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and established by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament (the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act, 2011) and in accordance with the United Nations Principles relating to the Status of National Institutions (Paris Principles). KNCHR’s mandate includes furthering the protection and promotion of human rights in Kenya, acting as a watchdog over the Government in the area of human rights, and the provision of Leadership in moving the country towards a human rights respecting state. KNCHR fulfils its human rights mandate through five Directorates including: Complaints and Investigations, Research, Advocacy and Outreach, Legal Services, Regional Services and Corporate Services. The Commission has offices in Nairobi, Wajir, Kitale, Mombasa, Kisumu and Nyahururu.
Position: Resource Person- Videography & Photography Champion
Division: Public Affairs and Communication
Duty Station: Nairobi with occasional travel
Gross Salary: Kshs. 35,000 per month
Duration: Twenty Four (24) months
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing and implementing a schedule of videography and photography activities to implement the Division’s Public Affairs and Communications plans;
- Undertake video coverage of in-house events, recording, editing and archiving for internal and external usage;
- Continuously liaise with the PAC Senior Human Rights Officer and the PAC HoD in compiling digital video and photographic data for use in KNCHR’s corporate documentary series for website and online platforms uploading;
- Assist in maintaining and updating the Commission’s videos and photographs library and archive communication materials;
- Assist in developing editorial captions for media and in-house publications and digital productions to enhance the KNCHR brand and visibility;
- Support and participate in tracking positive and negative media mentions and brand identity for the Commission and
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of PAC and Senior Human Rights Officer (PAC).
Qualifications, Experience and Key Competencies:
Candidates must possess the following:-
- A Bachelor degree in communications or relevant field;
- Diploma in photojournalism or equivalent will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of one (1) year working experience in Photojournalism or Mass Communication;
- Proven Audio-Visual Production experience will be an added advantage;
- Proven Graphic Design experience will be an added advantage;
- Strong understanding of user-generated content management, content communication and reputation management;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strategic content creation and excellent writing skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Exceptional time management skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and editing skills.
How To Apply
If you possess the above qualifications, please submit a clear application letter, a complete and updated Curriculum Vitae that includes your valid contacts and a copy of national ID electronically through firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th October 2021 indicating the correct title and reference number as the subject of the email.
Appointment or assignment against these positions are for an initial period of one year and are subject to renewal for a further one year based on performance of the incumbents.
KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer which offers a competitive remuneration commensurate to qualifications and experience. Qualified female candidates and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the application.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
KNCHR does NOT have recruitment agents and does NOT charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process. Report any incident of extortion to KNCHR or to the Police.