Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Officer – Cyber Security Surveillance
The job holder is responsible for carrying out cyber security monitoring of the Authority’s IT infrastructure and business systems for malicious activity and/or active threats. The role also involves responding to security incidents including containment, eradication and recovery in the 24/7 Security Operations Centre (SOC).
- Monitor and analyze logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies across multiple platforms in order to identify and mitigate potential (or active) threats, intrusions, and/or compromises in the 24/7 SOC.
- Provide timely detection, identification and alerts of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities.
- Identify cyber-attacks targeted to the KRA network and systems, advise and block cyber attacks
- Triage and investigate active threats, security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Perform deep-dive incident analysis by correlating data from various sources. Generate/Review event analysis reports of incident investigations
- Escalates cyber security events according to the Authority’s Cyber Security Incident Response Plan
- Monitor and gather threat intelligence from the deep web and dark web for potential threats and incidents, and analyze such threats and risks and recommend appropriate mitigating measures.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field.
Must have at least one of the following certifications or training in CEH/CHFI/ECIH/CISSP or in relevant information security solutions certification, or incidents response
Relevant Work Experience
At least one (1) year related IT security work experience in a large or busy organization.
Technical Skills Required
- Experience in cyber security threat Analysis
- Experience in incident management
- Experience in digital forensics and malware analysis
- Experience in security tests or vulnerability management
- Penetration testing skills
- Research skills
- Experience in cyber security operations(SOC/CIRT)
- Ability to work long hours including night shifts
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent listening, communication and presentation skills
- Reliable and thorough with a deep commitment to accuracy
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- A team player
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)