Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Officer – Security Infrastructure Tools
The jobholder is responsible for IT security operations through design, deployment, maintenance, support, day-to-day operations and vendor management of IT security and Infrastructure tools. He is also responsible for management of ICT risks through implementation of appropriate controls.
Key Responsibilities: Roles and responsibilities
- Undertake research and consultations with the industry to identify and recommend appropriate Information Security tools for deployment in the Authority in line with the Industry standards, trends and best practices.
- Draft technical and budget proposals for the procurement, deployment upgrades and maintenance of information security and infrastructure tools
- Deploy, support and maintain Information Security tools to reduce vulnerabilities and enhance the overall security posture of the IT infrastructure.
- Provide technical Support to end users, manage incidents and attend to user requests for the various ICT security tools.
- Manage vendors, undertake regular and routine maintenance of the IT security and infrastructure tool in liaison with the vendors
- Identify and document vulnerabilities in the KRA IT infrastructure and implement mitigations measures.
- Review, update and implement policies and procedures to enforce Antivirus protection, patching, software compliance for IT infrastructure including desktops and network devices.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) ISMS and data security requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronics or a related field.
Professional Qualifications Required Certifications/Trainings
Must have at least one of the following certifications or training in CEH/CHFI/ECIH/CISSP
or in relevant information security solutions certification
Relevant Work Experience Required
At least one (1) years related IT security work experience in a large or busy organization:
Technical Skills Required
- Experience in securing enterprise business systems and IT infrastructure.
- Experience in implementation of Information security tools and controls.
- Experience in business systems or infrastructure support.
- Hands on working experience with leading Information Security tools such as Kaspersky Antivirus, Checkpoint Firewall System, Widows Active Directory etc.
- Up-to-date understanding of emerging industry standards and trends in information security.
- Computer and IT security skills
- Security requirements analysis skills
- Network, applications and data security skills
- IT security processes and technologies knowledge and skills, including Malware Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment and Threat Intelligence.
- Malware trends and anti-malware solutions
- Vendor management skills
- Ability to work concisely when under pressure and for long hours.
- Report writing and documentation skills
- Analytical skills with keen attention to details
- Team player
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to adapt quickly to emerging ICT security trends
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)