Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Work location: Mombasa county, Kenya
Deadline for application: 27 October 2021
Start date: November 2021
Length of contract: 12 months fixed term contract (based on a 03 month probationary period)
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to health care. The organisation has health projects in more than 70 countries.
In Kenya, the objective of our Mombasa project is to provide Access to health care for Adolescent and Youth Population (AYP), with specific focus on Young Key Populations (YKP) affected by social violence and health care exclusion. The selected candidate will be reporting technically to the Health Promoter Manager
Carrying out all activities involving social support to individual patients/survivors and linking them with other relevant support services and communities at large, according to MSF principles and guidelines. Enhancing the target population’s social condition to have an impact on health-related outcomes.
- Conducting social assessments, identifying the social support needs of patients/survivors, including legal, protection, shelter/housing, financial/vocational, food security, and access to medical and psychosocial support services beyond the project intervention scope.
- Supporting the provision of comprehensive care to patients(target groups) and their families, by actively coordinating their work with the other members of the MSF multidisciplinary team (eg. medical, MHPSS) and linking with multi-sectoral services such as protection, safety, security, legal, justice, education, and livelihood.
- Providing direct social support based on social assessments and facilitating referrals to evaluated external re-sources. Provide systematic follow up care regarding attendance of clinical appointments, and following up on referrals made to relevant multi-sectoral services aimed at improving the quality of life of patients/survivors.
- Participating in the creation and maintenance of any material needed for the activities of social workers, including facilities and equipment in order to ensure continuity.
- Mapping and regular updating of formal and informal support services (incl.existing community resources). Assess quality of existing support services, with identification of gaps and advocacy for an improved culturally appropriate social response.
- Maintaining records, statistics, files, and reports on all social work activities and follow up care either provided by MSF or other support services. Identifying gaps in the available services and with the team prioritizing and developing plans following the objectives of MSF.
- Education: Bachelor degree in Social Work (BSW)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Health Promotion Activities
- Essential, working experience of in related jobs (health promotion, project coordination, social research), preferably with MSF
- Experiences working with AYKPs is a plus
- Languages: English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge: Computer literacy
- Competencies: Strong interpersonal skills, strong initiative, able to handle complex assignments with proactive attitude, organized, autonomous and attentive to details.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 27th October 2021 to http://uhired.me/job/451
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)