Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Manage and delivery the end-to-end product objectives within the country for FSS in alignment with global objectives for the product line , including financial and non-financial performance, enhancement of capabilities, product and client access future strategies, and oversight of risk and governance in alignment with the Product Head FSS and/ or Country head.
- To ensure appropriate adherence to internal policies and guidelines, a centralized governance function will be created in the Regional Clusters.
- Be a lead market advocate for FSS for the product line in the regional markets participating and representing the Bank in industry bodies and market forums. Build strong relationships with key regulators governing product line.
- Directly responsible for the FSS product P&L within the country Have clear responsibility over pricing for products and management of assets, contingents, and for the allocation of AUM (FSS)
- Directly responsible for driving investment business cases and the business operating model for the product line
- Determine standard product pricing and monitor collection of fee and NII for the product line.
- Develop jointly with the Sales team a local strategy to meet country objectives, in line with the overall Financial Markets and FSS strategy
- Conduct ongoing competitor analysis to capture the opportunities, mitigate the threats and deliver financial performance. Recommend and plan actions to build or reinforce our competitive edge
- Drive end to end product performance, improving efficiency through the e-agenda, straight through processing, ensuring scalability to grow
- Directly responsible for articulating the product strategy and executing product initiatives on the annual operating plan in the country for the product in conjunction with the Country FSS head and/or Head of Product FSS
- Directly responsible for understanding customer needs and develop the client value propositions that will address them across all client segments
- Sponsor launches of product enhancements, new products, as required for FSS . Work jointly with Sales and Marketing to develop collaterals for local market, communicate product launches, organize customer events and develop a sales campaign strategy to ensure that the new products meet planned volume and revenue targets
- Ensuring global training initiatives are executed across all countries in the region in line with the global commercialization agenda.
- Act as the main conduit for championing to Central Product for the product line and Client Access all investment cases (BRD or PAR or its equivalent) for product development or enhancements and for local regulatory requirements
- Identify and mitigate the Operational, Credit, Regulatory and Business conduct risks relating to SS products within the region.
- Ensure country compliance on Group standard for Audit, Control and financial reporting including reporting of risks to BNFRF/CNFRF/ CEF
- Work with operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition
- Ensure timely renewal of country addendums (CAs) to PPGs and proactively work with stakeholders to identify and quantify new and existing risks. Actively participate in NPC roll out and execution in the region.
- Review FSS Operational Risk issues (logged in M7) for appropriate closure.
- Ensure that issues and associated/planned actions from any Audit/Credit Risk Review/Other Assurance review are monitored, and that any gaps/findings have been satisfactorily addressed within the stipulated timeframe
- Work in partnership with country and FSS BORM
- Participation in BNFRF/CNFRF for FSS
- Understand and help manage ALCO decisions and the impact thereof for FSS
- Ensure that a proper Country Addendum (CA) is in place for all products and channels offered
- Ensure that there is a country pricing policy, by product, which reflects relevant local regulatory requirements with L&C approvals, standard pricing, approval matrix for deviations, client communication method, incl. templates and disclaimers, and guidance on storage of documents
- Ensure FSS pricing policy is in place and adhered to
- Quarterly independent checks on key controls (across Sale, Client management and Implementation functions)
- Ensure that current Deal Review or Business Acceptance policies, procedures and the Solutions Structuring team’s Rules of Engagement are followed for all pipeline deals, where applicable
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Customers (across the breadth of the portfolio)
- Trade associations
- Infrastructure providers
- Trade and industry journals
- Competitors (industry initiatives)
- Regulators and Government agencies
- FSS Sales Segment Heads and DCDA heads
- FSS Head
- Regional / Central Product and Client Access management
- Operations – CS, COO
- Credit – CRC
- Finance – CFO
- Legal and compliance
- Relevant country committees (ALCO…)
- Corporate affairs marketing
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.