Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Advert Number: UGC/CPSB/FIN/AC/02/21
Advert Date: 29/9/2021
Closing Date: 19/10/2021
POSITION: Audit Committee Member: Of The County Government Of Uasin Gishu
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Requirements for Appointment
- Degree from a recognized University
- Progressive working experience of not less than five (5) years
- Be a member of a professional body and in good standing
- Shall not have served or be serving as an employee, member of any committee of Uasin Gishu County for the last two years
- Shall not have served or be serving as an employee of a business organization which has carried out any business with Uasin Gishu County in the last two years.
- Have a good understanding of county government operating, financial reporting or auditing
- Applicants should not be political office holders.
- Be a person of integrity and meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Duties and responsibilities
- Obtain assurance from management that all financial and non-financial internal control and risk management functions are operating effectively and reliably.
- Provide an independent review of reporting functions to ensure the integrity of financial reports.
- Monitor the effectiveness of performance management and performance information.
- Provide strong and effective oversight of internal audit function.
- Provide effective liaison and facilitate communication between management and external audit.
- Provide oversight of the implementation of accepted audit recommendations.
- Ensure effective monitoring of compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements and promotes a culture committed to lawful and ethical behaviour
Terms of Appointment:
- Members of the Audit Committee shall be appointed for a term of three (3) years and shall be eligible for reappointment for a further one term only.
- Despite the provision in (i) above, after the expiry of every term at least one third of the committee shall retire and shall not be eligible for reappointment.
- The term is only extended after the performance of the Committee has been reviewed.
How To Apply