Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Advert Number: UGC/CPSB/CSSO/01/21
Advert Date: 29/9/2021
Closing Date: 19/10/2021
POSITION: Chief Social Service And Special Needs Officer
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 49,000 – 65,120 (CPSB 07)
House Allowance: Ksh.22, 000 pm
Commuter Allowance: KShs. 8, 000 p.m.
Medical Cover: As provided by the County Government
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answerable to the Deputy Director Gender and Social Services
- Assist in the general administration of the section and supervision of staff under him/her.
- Assist the Deputy Director on policy formulation on matters of social welfare, Special Needs and implementation of County policies
- Coordination of social welfare work including assessment, counseling, social inquiries, advisory services to vulnerable individuals and groups.
- Coordinate home tracing, placement, and rehabilitation of vulnerable individuals.
- Carry out home visits and follow up programs with persons benefiting from social welfare programs.
- Assist in compilation and preparation of the departmental quarterly and annual reports and annual work plans.
- Promote and coordinate social welfare programs that targets vulnerable groups in order to improve their livelihoods.
- Advise and sensitize communities on existing social welfare and Special Needs programmes.
- Promote and coordinate programs that enhance and protects Persons and Children with Special needs rights.
- Scrutinize, advice and assist in coordinating performance contract appraisal in the section
- Identification and collaboration with stakeholders in Social Welfare and Special Needs activities, rights and protection programmes in the County
- Ensure consistency of social development work standards and implementation of developmental activities within the community.
- Preparation and extension of treatment/rehabilitation plans
- Ensure documentation of client’s case histories
- Coordinate referral to services and resources.
- Enforcement of all regulation and institute proper mechanism on Persons with Special needs right and protection
- Act as a link and advocate for Social Welfare and Special Needs clients.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment
- Degree in Education with a bias in special Education from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Knowledge of relevant professional standards affecting the operations including the code of ethics.
- Be conversant with policy formulation and implementation.
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, the County development objectives and vision 2030.
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on
- leadership and integrity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the relevant legislation and the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience in either public or private sector
- Demonstrate good leadership, communication, interpersonal, organizational, negotiation and problem solving skills and ability to build and lead cohesive teams
- Be computer literate.
How To Apply