Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Ref. No. JAGIL001
Position: Legal Counsel
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Legal Counsel, Jubilee Allianz General Insurance Limited.
The position holder will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be based at Head Office, Nairobi.
1. Act as the responsible party for all legal, compliance and regulatory matters for the Company.
2. Support the Company and its Management in the proactive identification and mitigation of legal, regulatory and business risks through professional, independent and appropriate advice.
3. Review and provide advice on wide range of legal agreements (Non–Disclosure Agreements, Distribution Contracts, General Insurance Conditions, Service Agreements, IT Agreements, Data Protection Matters, Etc.). The job holder will also ensure consistency With Group Practices And Standards.
4. Act as corporate secretary and maintain corporate secretariat for the company in accordance with best practices.
5. Manage, in connection with other key stakeholders, relationship with local regulator and act as the key responsible party for regulatory communications, filings and licensing matters.
6. Support the operating entity’s adherence to the Allianz Group’s System of Governance through implementation of key policies and procedures.
7. Monitor and communicate relevant changes in regulatory, corporate, and other applicable laws which may impact the business.
8. Procure and monitor external legal services where appropriate, especially with respect to litigation matters.
9. Regular and ad hoc reporting to Regional and Group Legal Functions.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Self–starter with high degree of motivation.
3. Ability to give practical and business–minded legal advice.
4. Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
5. Ability to liaise with senior stakeholders.
1. Fully qualified lawyer under the laws of Kenya.
2. Company secretary qualification will be an added advantage.
1. 6–8 years of legal experience in both a law firm and in an in–house role. Insurance experience is strongly preferred.
2. International experience will be an added advantage.
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 25th October 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.