Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a national faith-based organization dedicated to promoting access to quality health care through health service delivery, health systems strengthening, community systems support, advocacy and partnerships. Health services delivery is a key strategic direction for CHAK.
CHAK’s model of ‘Integrated Family Health Program’ (IFHP)has grown over the last few years and its impact on the health of the Kenyan communities is demonstrable. The goal of this program is to create awareness and education, improve access to prevention, screening, and care and treatment for non-communicable and communicable diseases. In NCDs special emphasis is placed on Diabetes, Hypertension, Sickle Cell Disease, Malaria, Childhood Pneumonia, Epilepsy, Breast Cancer and some of their complications such as Heart Failure and Diabetes Eye Disease in the general population. To scale up this program to new communities, CHAK is seeking a qualified and motivated Program Officer – IFHP, to be based in Kisumu or in one of the CHAK member units in Nyanza region.
The position reports to the NCD Programs Coordinator.
Key duties and responsibilities include and not limited to:-
· Offering technical guidance to the implementing health facilities on health promotion activities to prevent and reduce the risk factors for the focus diseases in the community and conducting screening camps.
· Organizing training programs for different cadres of health care providers.
· Training and supporting community health facilitators/workers and health care providers in implementation of the project’s activities such as health promotion activities, screening, referral and linkage.
· Supporting and backstopping education and screening data collection and reporting
· Organizing health facility level data review and data quality audit meetings in collaboration with the M& E officer.
· Collaborating with the M&E officer in preparing program implementation plans
· Collaborating with the county community strategy focal point persons and conduct joint support supervision for program with county teams.
· Preparing and submitting quarterly progress reports to CHAK and relevant stakeholders.
· Representing CHAK in conferences / workshops/ meetings, at county and sub county level.
· University Degree in Public Health, Health Sciences or Social Sciences from a recognized institution with at least two years of community health programmes.
· Working knowledge of NCD programmes is an added advantage.
. At least three years experience demonstrated experience in Health programming.
· A self-driven personality, able to work with minimum supervision and with a high level of integrity.
· Demonstrable experience in working with county health structures and deep knowledge on the MoH data collection systems, data analysis, surveillance, monitoring and evaluation.
· Ability to develop innovative approaches and solutions to problems and with skills on instructional, supervisory and leadership.
· Computer proficiency in MS tools, managing database using different software is an added advantage.
· Excellent training & facilitation skills.
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
· Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills.
How to apply
Interested and qualified are advised to send their applications with detailed Resume, Cover Letter specifying the position you are applying for (Program Officer – Integrated Family Health Program including the names and contacts of 3 referees should be sent to CHAK Secretariat through email@example.com and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO Nairobi
Tel. (020)4441920 / 0733-334419
The closing date for receiving all applications is 5th November 2021. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Disclaimer: Applicants are advised that Christian Health Association of Kenya neither requires applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process nor has it retained any agent in connection with recruitment.