Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Opening date: October 7, 2021
Vacancy No: CGHR/213/09/21
POSITION: Clinical Research Scientist/ Pediatrician KMR 5- (1 Position)
LOCATION: Siaya County
REPORTING: Principal Investigators
The KEMRI/CGHR Research Program has expanded considerably in its research and program support activities. This program is collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and other organizations. It involves conducting research and programmatic support for activities related to Malaria, HIV, Tuberculosis and other diseases. Due to its continued growth, the program seeks to fill the position of a Medical Officer/Pediatrician in an ongoing epidemiological study in the malaria branch.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized university.
- MMed Pediatrics an added advantage and will be considered highly desirable.
- Registered by Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
- Research experience is an added advantage.
Reporting to the Principal Investigators, the Medical Officer/Pediatrician will work with a team consisting of clinical officers and community interviewers who will be based at health facilities in Gem, Bondo and Siaya and recruit/follow up children into an epidemiological surveillance study which runs alongside the pilot implementation of the RTS,S Malaria vaccine in the area. S/he must be flexible and work within the existing structures and standard operating procedures, in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work long hours including weekends and public holidays.
- Ability to take personal initiatives and working with minimal supervision.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
The medical officer’s responsibilities shall include but not limited to the following:
- Supervision and management of the study team, clinical and research operations of the study.
- Development and review of study related tools (SOPs, training materials), training of study staff.
- Medical evaluation of those children who fulfill the criteria for adverse events of special interest (AESI) and for reporting these events in a timely manner.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the study design and goals and ensure that study is conducted in compliance with study protocols and other regulatory requirements.
- Attend to and give expert opinion on study patients in hospital and outpatient facilities.
- Conduct CMEs at the hospital and lead discussions with the clinical and nursing personnel
- Work harmoniously with non-study staff in the health facilities
- Assist with timely and accurate data collection and data entry.
- Collaborate with PI and institution to respond to any monitoring and audit findings and implement approved recommendations.
- Report to the Pharmacy and Poisons Board and the Ethical Review Committee (SERU) any adverse events as needed
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the PIs.
Terms of Employment: 1-year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus supplemental amounts.
How to Apply
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to:
P.O. Box 1578-40100,
Applications should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
Not later than October 27, 2021.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.