Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We believe that Africa does better when everyone has room to grow and thrive. No one should be left out because the distance between seeing an opportunity and making a living from it is too great.
We started by delivering small packages but haven’t stopped there. Today, we’re empowering businesses to send raw materials to their production facilities and finished goods to their customers. We’re helping small scale farmers get their produce to the market. We’re making it possible for the hardworking delivery driver to earn a decent living.
We are here to make it easy to trade in Africa so that everyone has room to grow. Join us.
About The Role
The job role entails working in Sendy Holding Company for all Sendy subsidiaries in hands on execution of audits, internal audit consultancy services, special investigations into fraud, preparation of reports and tracking of implementation of agreed action points. It will entail audit planning, execution, reporting monitoring and follow up.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, audit technology(audit work paper management and implementation tracking solution), and preparation of reports for Audit Committee reporting.
- Assist in the development of the audit plan and ensure that it is responsive to and aligned with the organization’s risk profile as part of Internal Audit’s yearly risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process.
- Executing/Carrying out individual audits in accordance with the audit plan, and international audit standards ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction.
- Preparation of all Internal Audit reports for issuance, ensuring that they are clear and simple, that they uncover root causes and offer practical solutions, and that they ultimately add value to management.
- Support the preparation of reports for meetings with the Audit Committee to report on the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities.
- Proactively identify and inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Perform Internal controls assessments of acquired companies and lead efforts to mitigate identified control deficiencies as and when applicable.
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues.
- Follow-up of status of implementation of management letter points.
- Actively participate in management meetings and/or committees to ensure that Internal Audit is well-informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and/or plans.
- Ensure that Internal Audit work is performed in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function and Sendy.
- Assist in Internal Audit’s participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit’s perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis.
- Assist Maintain audit technology platform leveraging support from the Engineering team as needed.
- Assist coordinate the activities of external auditors including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit’s work.
- Taking part in all regulatory exams and other third-party audits.
- Provide regular reporting on the performance of self and team and department -weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually and as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field.
- Professional qualifications in accounting such as CPA or ACCA. (CIA/CISA would be an added advantage.)
- Minimum four-years experience in audit and finance.
- Good understanding of Internal Audit standards (COSO, IPPFs).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices and relevant legislations.
- Excellent knowledge of accounts analysis, accounting practices and reconciliation.
- Skilled in root cause identification.
- Strong creative thinking.
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement and achievement of goals.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Open to change.
- Calm under chaos.
- Very high level of integrity.
- Directly accountable to the Senior Internal Audit Manager who is the CAE.
- Required to work with the managers in various BUs including Fulfillment, Freight, Financial services, Sendy Supply.
- Close working relationship with Risk and Compliance, Law enforcement, External Auditors.
What we offer
- Comprehensive Health Insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical.
- Flexible Vacation.
- All Risk Insurance.
- Office Lunch.
- Opportunity for Company Stock Options.
- Employee Education Stipend.