Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Velocity Global is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world and hands down one of the greatest places to work from anywhere. We accelerate the future of work beyond borders. Our global work platform simplifies the employer and employee experience through cloud-based workforce management technology, personalized expertise, and unmatched scale. As the largest global Employer of Record (also known as International PEO) in 185 countries and all 50 United States, more than 1,000 brands rely on Velocity Global to build global teams without the cost or complexity of setting up foreign legal entities or state registrations. The company offers additional services including Independent Contractor Compliance to assess a workforce, and Agent of Record (AoR) to streamline payments to contractors. Velocity Global was named a “Leader” in Global Employer of Record services by prominent analyst firm NelsonHall. Founded in 2014, we have hundreds of employees across five continents.
We are looking for a Human Resources Specialist to join our growing Operations team. This position is to be based in Kenya, working remotely. This full-time position will be responsible for navigating client challenges, supporting all HR matters, and providing a consultative approach to our clients. The right candidate will have a relentless zeal to contribute and should have an affinity towards matters of international growth and employment. This individual will report to our Employee Experience Manager.
Velocity Global is a high growth International Professional Employment Organization (PEO) delivering high touch international expansion services to our clients, where collaboration and communication are paramount. We live by our values of Velocity, Integrity, Professionalism, Empowerment, and Service and are always determined to be better personally and professionally in how we serve our clients and our internal team members. If you’re seeking to make an impact with a team of professionals who take on change as a challenge and strive to bring new ideas to life, this could be you.
- Execute supported employee on-boardings, including working with in-country partners and to setup and enroll payroll and benefits
- Support in setting up our entity in Kenya with the support of legal and compliance teams
- Create, maintain, and archive compliant local employment contracts and employment documentation
- Ensure supported employees are appropriately set up in all Velocity Global systems as required with client agreements and supported employee contracts
- Research and respond to all benefits, international payroll, expense reporting, and all other HR matters that are requested by regional managers and the client service team
- Responsible for continuously updating and refreshing Velocity Global’s knowledge base
- Support Velocity Global client service team across all aspects of the business
- Drive employee satisfaction and retention with sincerity and passion, and approach troubleshooting as an opportunity to establish integrity and value
- Create and manage employee onboarding calendars by following and refining processes
- Communicate with domestic and foreign embassies on immigration matters for externally supported employees
- Execute on committed timelines, including influencing global affiliates and clients to meet their agreed upon timelines, properly allocating resources, and maintaining the team on project-related issues with a strong emphasis on results
- Research challenging employee questions and employee scenarios and present solutions to the client service team
- Support and execute upon compliant employee terminations and off-boarding
- Research and respond to all global benefits, payroll, expense and other HR matters as it pertains to your region
- Develop and maintain competency in the area of international employment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BA/BS in Human Resources or equivalent working experience required
- 2+ years’ experience preferred, 1 of which must be in HR
- Business proficiency in Swahili and English language required
- Research-oriented, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly assimilate information; with operations across 185+ countries there is a lot to learn
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication, listening and consultative skills.
- Technology-literate, including Microsoft Office suite
- Strong consultative customer service and project management style
- Drive, strong work ethic, and a passion for creating an unparalleled customer experiences…it should be in your bones
- Interest in international business and contributing at a consistently high level
How To Apply
Velocity Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by State and/or Federal Law.
Velocity – Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
Integrity – Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
Be Bold – Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
Empowerment – Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
Service – Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
We have a passion for all things international business and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. If you want to work for a professional, global, inclusive, and innovative company, we’d love to meet you!
At Velocity Global, we value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.