Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
1. Data collection
- Implement electronic data capture in all the field-testing locations using the KSU field book or other appropriate application to ensure quick turnaround.
- Lead data input of field trials.
2. Data analysis
- Timely statistical data analysis using different software depending on the objective of the experiment,
- Examine data for accuracy before analysis
- Prepare historical data for curation with guidance from the scientists.
3. Trial and nursery preparation and oversight
- Prepare field experiments (trials and nurseries), including trial designs and seed preparation using Field book/EBS according to the breeder’s instructions.
- Prepare field maps and planting plans for field trials.
- Coordinate shipment of field trials to various testing locations within the region for timely planting, and retrieval of trial data from collaborators (both NARS and seed companies) for timely consolidation and analysis.
- In consultation with scientists, identify germplasm that require seed increase.
4. Scientist Support
- Assist in preparing tables and figures from research results for project reports, publications, draft manuscripts, etc.
- Assist scientist in Implementation of established policies related to seed health and pathology at CIMMYT.
- Oversee proper implementation of trials and nurseries and provide regular feedback.
5. Training & Assistance
- Provide training and backstopping services especially with Fieldbook and data analysis to NARS and seed company partners.
- As assigned by supervisor provide technical assistance to visiting scientists and students.
6. Other Responsibilities
- Perform additional/other duties, as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Masters’ Degree in plant Breeding or Crop Science.
- Good knowledge of theories, practices, and procedures in plant breeding.
- 4 to 5 years’ experience in managing field research trials for a crop (preferably maize) research program.
- Knowledge of statistics and experimental designs for breeding and genetics.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated computing and data processing and management skills.
- Demonstrated people management skills, a capacity to work effectively as a team player, and an ability to work well in intercultural settings.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to plant trials using different experimental designs.
- Ability to use the maize breeding software FIELDBOOK.
- Ability to use statistical software like SAS, META-R, AGD-R, and ADEL-R for data analysis.
- Knowledge about the key data required in a maize breeding program.
- Ability to write technical reports and draft manuscripts.
- Ability to potentially manage a team of 2-3 Field Technicians.
How To Apply