Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK) is a non-profit service company, registered under the Companies Act. It operates 11 schools in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret and provides nursery to senior secondary education in both the national and international curricula.
It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKESK is looking to hire the following positions based in Nairobi:
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Marketing and Communications Manager will create, implement and oversee internal and external communications programs for Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya, consistent and in keeping with the AKES guidelines. As directed by the Chief Executive Officer, the Marketing and Communications Manager will create strategies aimed at increasing awareness, promoting productivity and communicating with all stakeholders. The role will also have the responsibility of supporting marketing and communication matters within the region as required from time to time.
- Ensure employees are aware of changes and projects within the company.
- Ensure that CEO, SMT and Leadership Team members’ presentations and documents are prepared to a professional standard
- Distribute executive messages, prepare presentations and internal memos, and conduct meetings to share information
- Develop print materials and branding strategies for employees and publish an internal newsletter regularly
- Streamline school newsletter design and publishing at all AKESK schools. Review/edit all school newsletters before they are published and ensure they are aligned to the vision of AKES
- Provide AKESK staff with communications coaching including use of multi-media software
- Ensure print materials and branding strategies for AKESK use are in line with AKDN branding and communication protocols
- Provide refreshed content to global website (www.agakhanschools.org) on a regular basis includes collecting information from the schools on a regular basis in terms of fees, curriculum changes, achievements and news
- Ensure that direct marketing and public relations events (Open Houses, Career Days) are managed professionally
- Develop and distribute materials that may explain or convey the company’s policies or position on issues
- Other duties may include issuing press releases, arranging interviews, and compiling press kits
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally and meet tight deadlines
- Good understanding of and experience in communications
- Can communicate sensitively, effectively and creatively across different stakeholder profiles and culture
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- An extensive degree of creativity and latitude – a dynamic individual
- Excellent IT skills and strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital /social media
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management as well as able to lead others and build capacity
Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a relevant field
- 5+ years’ work experience in communications within a service organization
- Social media understanding and expertise in managing digital spaces
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation, with confidence to bring forward ideas and new approaches