Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: AKU Finance
Entity: Aga Khan University
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU, http://www.aku.edu) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents. An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in multiple health science and social science disciplines, carries out research pertinent primarily to low- and middle-income countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As a leading international institution dedicated to excellence and change, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
The University is looking to recruit a students’ finance accountant on a fixed term contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and collecting dues from the students and corporates of the Aga Khan University accordingly the institutional policies and procedure. They will also manage receivable schedules, communicate and follow up with students and corporates for recoveries, as well as to maintain the receivable accounting in the general ledger. The incumbent will report to the Finance Coordinator, Aga Khan University, Nairobi Campus.
- Manage student and corporate receivables section of the Aga Khan University Kenya
- Maintain student financial record in the Student Financial System.
- Develop weekly and monthly schedules of student and corporate receivables
- Invoice students and corporate clients of the relevant fees as they fall due
- Communicate and follow up with student and corporates on the due amounts and ensuring timely collection of dues
- Reduction of overall receivable amounts to tolerable levels
- Analysis of delays on collections and proposal of remedial action
- Maintain comprehensive monthly reconciliation of student and corporate client accounts and sending out timely student / corporate client statements on a monthly basis.
- Resolve / respond to students and corporate client queries on a timely basis, while liaising with the different AKU schools in regards to the queries.
- Handling disputed debt and negotiating to bring payment within the agreed terms
- Ensuring monthly and year end processing deadlines are met as required.
- Cashiering / Receipting – ensuring that payments and credit notes are allocated correctly and in a timely manner
- Presentation of finance matters during student orientation & other forums as requested by user departments
- Assist in preparing audit schedules after end month closing.
- Assist in preparing payments & Journals.
- Professional training CPA (K) or Bachelor Degree in Accounting and Finance
- Over 3 years of professional experience in credit control
- Computer and technical skills in accounting applications
- Demonstrated knowledge in ERP
- Demonstrated team player skills in diverse settings
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-driven and able to solve problems
- Good communication skills in both oral and writing
- Seeks and accepts advice and adheres to deadlines
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic with attention to timeliness
How To Apply