Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK) operates 11 schools in various cities in Kenya and provides nursery to senior secondary education in both the national and international curricula. It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
The Aga Khan Academies are the only schools in Kenya offering the International Baccalaureate curriculum (IB) who are authorized to offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP). With over 1000 students, the AKAN is a multi-cultural school with a variety of nationalities represented in our student and teaching faculty.
The Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi – Junior School welcomes applications from dedicated and enthusiastic professional educators for the following position effective November/ December, 2021.
CREATIVE ARTS COORDINATOR (LOCAL)
The Creative Arts Coordinator will work with the PYP Coordinator and Head Teacher to develop the Creative Arts department at the Aga Khan Academy Nairobi, Junior School. The Coordinator will coordinate the development of the visual arts, dance and drama curriculum documents while monitoring the curriculum delivery and assessment. S/He will also be involved in strategic planning of the department, encompassing resourcing, professional development, event planning and organization.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Fine Arts with experience in the other creative Arts.
- 5 years’ teaching experience in an international school
- Teachers Service Commission (TSC) registration certificate
- Certificate of good conduct.
Essential Job Functions
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of the Creative Arts curriculum
- Assisting in development of budgets for projects and on-going activities for the Creative Arts department
- Ensuring s/he is up to date and well informed about developments and changes in the Creative Arts curriculum
- Update of the Creative Art library and resources
- Observe and evaluate student work to determine student progress or to make suggestions for improvement while providing feedback throughout the lesson
- Designs the lessons for students and achieve the goals as accordingly
- May direct planning and supervision of student contests and arranging for Art events i.e. Art Exhibitions, Musicals, PYP Exhibition etc.
- Organizes and accompanies students on field trips to Museums and Art galleries.