Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Primary School, Mombasa is situated along Vanga Road in the serene environment of Kizingo estate. The history of the School dates back to 1918 when the Boys’ Elementary School was established. On the 21st June, 1945, the foundation of the current building was laid and officially opened in June 1951. The Aga Khan Primary School Mombasa has been offering the National Curriculum with emphasis on provision of a holistic education as well as academic excellence. The school was one of the first few in the country to introduce computer literacy classes for young children.
The Head Teacher will be a visionary leader who will exercise an ethical and moral leadership to develop the school into a school of choice in Mombasa, improving its positioning in the market by enhancing academic, co-curricular, sports and leadership programmes as well as developing a culture that emphasizes ethics and values, pluralism, spirituality and excellence. Additionally, s/he will drive the academic and extra-curricular programmes, provide leadership to staff and learners, monitor performance against targets and quality indicators, and oversee day-to-day operations at the school.
Qualifications and Experience
To be the successful candidate, you should have a minimum of 10 years working experience, with 5 of those in leadership, managing school budgets and overseeing fee collections. You should also have thorough knowledge of policies and laws governing education in Kenya.
The following will also be required:
- Bachelor of Education, or Science or Arts Degree (Upper Second Class Honors) with a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) from recognized university.
- Master of Education Degree in Leadership and Management.
- Registration with Teacher Service Commission
- Working Knowledge of Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) and Competence Based Curriculum (CBC) curriculum
- Proven consistency in class work performance
- Publication of at least one research or journal paper
- S/he should present evidence of involvement in facilitation and participation of professional development
- Excellent team building skills, with proven experience in leading, motivating and empowering people.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.