Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking for dynamic, creative, and self-oriented professional with the capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures coupled with good diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
Reporting to the Head – Projects & Facilities, the Services Engineer will be charged with the responsibility to ensure proper and cost-effective maintenance of serviceable items i.e. air conditioners, electrical faults, structured cabling, generators and other bank equipment.
**The Role **
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Design maintenance strategies, procedures and methods including planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance to minimize unpredicted breakdowns, assess and analyze repair and breakdown costs and recommend equipment upgrading or replacement.
- Manage and oversee routine scheduled maintenance work and respond to equipment faults while carrying out quality inspections on jobs to verify and forward job cards and invoices to Finance for payment.
- Supervise projects in liaison with the Bank’s consultants, to successful completion within the shortest period as may be agreed from time to time
- Manage services installations costs in the new outlets and other refurbishments as may be agreed from time to time.
- Arrange specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components. This will entail preparing bills of quantities for new and refurbished branches to include intruder alarm, CCTV, internal and fascia signage.
- Ensure complete and proper documentation of all on-going and completed projects such as contracts, performance bonds, and all necessary documentation.
- Deal with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs by responding to breakdowns with agility and following up with vendors doing diagnosis and repair of equipment.
- Control Capital Expenditure for projects and maintain renovation costs.
- Maintain statistical and financial records for premises and equipment that are up to date.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Manage inventory of supplies and bank equipment including generators, Air Conditioners, vault doors and safes, ATMs and firefighting equipment.
- Prepare BQ’s and tender specification as required in relation to specialist items installations.
- Prepare repair specifications, select suitable contractors to carry out the works and prepare maintenance tender documents.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role in a fast-paced environment. Good knowledge in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety regulations as stipulated in the Law, knowledge of the contract law, and arbitration related to building construction.
- Certification in Energy Management will be an added advantage.
- Highly flexible, on call 24/7 with the ability to travel to distant branches when required (Must have a valid driving license) and willing to put in extra hours to ensure jobs are completed on schedule and to specification.
- Excellent business skills and knowledge of managing budgets, leading a team and liaising with suppliers.
How to apply:
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career, please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to** email@example.com** indicating the job reference number EE/HRAD/2021 by 10th November, 2021.