Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director East & West Africa, the General Manager Operations supports the establishment and optimisation of day to day operational activities, including planning, directing and overseeing the company’s operational policies, rules, initiatives and goals. The General Manager Operations helps the organisation execute long-term and short-term directives by implementing judgement, vision, management and leadership.
Oversees the coordination of customer service and support activities which may include the delivery of pre- and post-sales services, customer care and retention, installation, technical support, repair, and maintenance of organization’s products.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes
- Develops and implements growth strategies
- Develops and implements strategies to improve client experience both internal and external.
- Acts as a liaison between company and client for quality assurance
- Provides mentoring to all employees, including management.
- Motivates staff to meet or surpass organizational and sales goals
- Coordinates with human resources department to recruit, train and retain talent.
- Oversees daily operations and adjusts as necessary
- Presents new ideas and strategies to enhance operational efficiency to the board of directors and other company officers such through automation.
- Acts as a change agent for the business and to make sure that strategic & cultural change is implemented effectively and efficiently
- Evaluates and reports on Capital projects and returns on investment
- Provides a system for employee salaries and benefits, and makes sure employees feel valued
- Promotes communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise
- Overseeing day-to-day operations and keeping the Group Managing Director appraised of significant events
- Creating operations strategy and policies
- Communicating strategy and policy to employees
- Fostering employee alignment with corporate goals; and overseeing human resource management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of operational management and methodology implementation
- Possess excellent knowledge and understanding of IT industry environment and business needs, specifically evolving service models
- Demonstrate knowledge of business strategic processes
- Possess an understanding of capital market development
- Possess excellent decision-making skills
- Demonstrate financial acumen
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically with an understanding of the operations of a service or business unit with a large span of control
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage a team in a matrix environment
- Possess sound commercial acumen
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to present information clearly and succinctly
- Possess the ability to recognise opportunities for enhancement and continuous improvement and to manage change effectively
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders and colleagues at all levels in an organisation
- Possess the ability to work in high-pressure situations and to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and manage processes and practices through
- Collaboration and the understanding of business and service offerings
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior management role within a global organisation
- Financial Management experience
Medical Aid / Medical Insurance, Group Life Cover, Funeral Benefit, Minimum 18 days annual leave.
About Dimension Data
At Dimension Data we empowering our people to deliver client-centric solutions. We want to see our people make the most of every opportunity, and together we can achieve the extraordinary. Our diverse and inspiring people are experts at what they do and serious about delivering measurable and sustainable value at every turn.
How To Apply