Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AFIDEP is running a project on re-examining traditional method use: desperation or innovation? (Team-up project) whose goal is to test new measurement approaches to better capture and estimate use of traditional methods of contraception in four sub-Saharan African (SSA) countries. We are therefore looking to recruit a research and policy associate to join our research team for 1 year on the project
Roles and responsibilities:
- Coordinating quantitative and qualitative field work activities during data collection
- Conducting quantitative data analysis including statistical modeling
- Contributing to programming of the questionnaire on CSPRO
- Managing project data set
- Contributing to transcribing and analyzing of qualitative data analysis
- Participating in communicating and disseminating results from the survey through writing blogs and publishing in scientific journals of repute
- Performing any other responsibilities assigned
Qualifications & experience
- The candidate shall have a Master’s degree in Demography, Population studies, Population and Reproductive health, public health or any other related social sciences course
- Proven track record in supporting data analysis, modeling and synthesis and translation including scholarly publications
- Proven track record in publishing journal articles
- Proven track record in in conducting population and health based quantitative and qualitative surveys
- Strong background and minimum three years’ experience in conducting both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Proven experience in managing large data sets
- Proven experience in programming using CSPRO
- Proven experience in Statistical modeling
- Proven experience in qualitative data analysis using NVivo or dedoose
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data for both research and policy outputs.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently with an output-based mind-set,
- Ability to set and meet project goals within required timeframes
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills
How to apply:
Candidates meeting the above essential and some of the desirable qualifications and experience can send the following:
- A motivation letter illustrating their suitability against the listed qualifications, competencies, and skills
- An up-to-date CV including three relevant referees
- Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org later than 10th November 2021 with the title “Research and Policy Associate” – “TEAMUP PROJECT” as the subject line.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.