Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AFIDEP seeks a motivated and experienced candidate to fill the position of a Resource Mobilisation Officer in the Institute’s Business Development Unit (BDU). The BDU’s primary objective is to spearhead the implementation of the Institute’s Resource Mobilisation and Donor Engagement Strategy. The Resource Mobilisation Officer will work collaboratively with the BDU, the research & policy, the finance, grants, administration & human resources, and monitoring & evaluation teams across the organisation. S/he will support the coordination and delivery of all the institutional resource mobilisation efforts. It includes and is not limited to: mapping opportunities for strategic partnerships; coordinating engagement with potential funders and partners; coordinating proposal development and submission; contributing to continuous improvement of the Unit’s strategies, processes, and procedures; supporting M&E and reporting; and contributing to institutional brand building activities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Contributing to strategic planning to implement the Donor Engagement & Resource Mobilisation Strategy. Includes contributing to annual work planning, risk planning, etc
- Researching and identifying potential funders and updating the historical maps in the Microsoft Fundraising and Engagement application
- Supporting establish and retain collaborative relationships with the Institute’s partners, including from other research organisations, academia, government, media, faith-based organisations etc. with whom to partner on joint proposal bids and contribute to the building of the evidence informed decisionmaking (EIDM) community of practice
- Scanning for relevant calls for proposals, concepts notes, and generating summaries for quick decisionmaking
- Supporting proposal development (background research, collating project information, organisational information, customising biographies and curriculum vitae to calls, etc.)
- Supporting registration to funders and partners online proposal submission platforms
- Supporting engagement with funders and partners
- Populating partnership assessment and due diligence templates
- Supporting planning and participating in events and meetings relevant to resource mobilisation and partnerships building
- Supporting monitoring of BDU impact and reporting
- Other miscellaneous tasks as required
- Master’s degree in social sciences, humanities, international development, or other relevant disciplines
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least five years’ demonstrable experience in a similar position (proposal development, grants management and reporting, strategic communications and events planning, etc.)
- Knowledge of USAID/NIH, EU, FCDO, NIHR, global foundations, etc. grants regulations and requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver quality work within tight deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to write, edit, and proofread proposals
- Experience planning and executing strategic events
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Good research experience – consolidate data, analyse and use it for proposal writing and reporting
- Ability to use databases
To apply: Please send a motivation letter indicating your suitability to the position (include position title on the subject of the email) and a detailed CV which should include three relevant referees to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10th November 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.