Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Banda School is looking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly capable Director of Teaching and Learning (Deputy Head Academic).
Experience of working in a British Curriculum School is essential.
The Director of Teaching and Learning will work closely with the Headmistress and other members of the Senior Leadership Team to implement and oversee the academic life of the school. He/she will oversee and implement the academic objectives and monitor their effectiveness.
Areas of Responsibility
- Member of Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Attend meetings and undertake duties as reasonably requested by the Head
- Assist in the day to day running of the school
- Monitor the implementation of whole school targets
- Work with the Head to lead, motivate and support staff
- Be a proactive member of the SLT, attending and supporting meetings when necessary
Teaching and Learning
- Teach a minimum of 30% timetable
- Oversee curriculum planning and implementation – liaise with Heads of Departments and the Head
- Drive and oversee the use of ICT and specifically iPads as a learning tool
- Organise standardised testing and record data in clear form
- Collate and proof all internal examinations
- Oversee the examination and invigilation timetable
- Set up the examination room in preparation for mock examinations and Common Entrance and ensure adequate spare materials are available
- Organise and communicate the Prep timetable
- Oversee whole school assessment and tracking in conjunction with the Heads of Department.
- Organise reporting deadlines, report checking and publishing of reports on iSAMS
- Liaise with external examination bodies and the ISEB re scholarship and Common Entrance papers – ordering papers and entering pupils
- Liaise with the Head of Learning Support to ensure that the correct provision is given to children with learning difficulties and that examination concessions are provided
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching and pupil achievement, with the SLT
Management of Staff
- Support the Head in the coaching, mentoring and observation of staff
- Support the Head in the process of staff recruitment
- Work with the Deputy Head to provide a full induction programme for new staff
- Construct whole school and staff teaching timetables
- Manage work scrutiny and pupil shadowing
- Chair regular Heads of Department (HoDs) meetings
- Keep abreast of curriculum changes and delegate staff to research areas
Public Relations and Relations with Parents
- Be an ambassador of The Banda at all times and lead by example
- Advise and guide parents through regular workshops
- With the Deputy Head and Head, communicate with secondary schools to which we regularly send pupils and administer entrance examinations
- Assist with the Future Schooling Forum with the Head and Deputy Head
- Ensure adequate scholarship and interview practice and preparation for secondary school entry
- Organise parents’ meetings
Resources, Premises and Administration
- Regularly review school policy documentation in preparation for inspection
- Collate academic information for secondary school transfer and iCAS forms
- Analyse data from examination and testing results
- Oversee the departmental development plans and reviews
- Help ensure departmental handbooks are reviewed and kept up to date
The duties outlined in this job description may be modified by the Head, with your agreement, to reflect changing needs of the School.
How To Apply
A completed Application Form and covering letter should reach the Headmistress by Monday 22nd November 2021 sent to firstname.lastname@example.org