Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Baraka Agriculture College
Baraka Agriculture College was founded in 1974 by the Catholic Diocese of Nakuru to educate and train the newly settled farmers of Rift Valley Province. Since 1976 the college has been under the management of the Francisan Brothers. In the early years the Baraka curriculum promoted high external input/high output agriculture. However, with rapidly changing social and economic conditions it was evident that this form of agriculture was not responding to the needs of the increasing number of small-holder farmers. From the early 1980s the concept of sustainable agriculture for rural development (SARD) started to evolve. Baraka Agriculture College draws her course participants from all countries of East Africa. The College is registered with the Ministry of Education under the TVET act 2012. The College, which has since 2018 been entrusted to the governance and management of the Franciscan Brothers by the Catholic Diocese of Nakuru, has a Constitution and a Board of Governors that provides for policy and direction and a Board of Trustees that provide custody of BAC assets and strategic direction for the college
Primary Role Objective
The duties of the College Principal are all encompassing as all aspects of the college’s operations are either directly or indirectly under his/her jurisdiction. In general terms the Principal shall be responsible for:
- The detailed organization of the college;
- The development of the instructional programs;
- The assignment of duties to and the supervision of members of his/her staff;
- Management of all entities within the college
- Is the chief accounting officer of the college.
- Provide leadership within and on behalf of the College.
- The Principal’s main focus should be to develop and maintain effective education/training and outreach programs within and outside the college and to promote the improvement of teaching and learning. The Principal will strive to create an organization which fosters student and teacher growth.
- When not involved in teaching duties, to devote as much time as possible to the supervision of the college; observing methods of instruction and endeavoring to improve the efficiency of the staff and the college in general.
- Manage College staff effectively by:
- Taking responsibility for the appointment of College Staff.
- Designating their duties and responsibility allowance with regard to agreed guidelines.
- Supporting and developing them as appropriate.
- Monitoring their work and using appropriate procedures in matters relating to their well being, performance, discipline and capability.
- Lead on the recruitment, retention and succession planning of College staff.
- Assist materials, and keep the Board informed as to any modifications in or substitution of approved courses the teaching staff in the development, implementation, modifications, and selection of curriculum
- Oversee the management of college income generating units.
- Develop campus budgets based on documented program needs, estimated enrollment, personnel, and other fiscal needs.
- Keep programs within budget limits.
- Maintain fiscal control.
- Accurately report fiscal information.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents.
- Manage use of college facilities. Supervise maintenance of facilities to ensure a clean, orderly, and safe campus.
- Build common vision for college improvement with staff. Direct planning activities and put programs in place with staff to ensure attainment of college’s mission.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences with staff.
- As administrator the Principal is responsible for the daily supervision of the college, its students, facilitators, professional and support staff, volunteers, and personnel from outside agencies.
- Undertake training and other professional development as required.
- Ensure that all reasonable precautions are taken to safeguard the health and general well-being of staff and students by ensuring both staff and students are adequately trained to make effective plans necessary for their safety.
- Any other responsibility as assigned by the Board.
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Science or Rural Development.
- 3 years Managerial experience.
- Demonstrated experience in change management and performance management.
- Knowledge and experience in planning, developing and delivering competence-based curricula in East Africa.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other IT based applications
- Experience in the promotion of sustainable agriculture, an added advantage will be biased towards sustainable agriculture for rural development.
- Leadership and team member working to achieve different goals.
- Ability to manage both internal and external stakeholders, with experience dealing with management committees and boards.
- Fluent in both English and Kiswahili.
How To Apply
Please send your application to email@example.com with the Subject as “Principal Application” and in the message indicate your salary expectations and notice period. Applications close on Monday 8th November 2021.
Note: Baraka Agriculture College does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment. Do not pay any money towards any application to Baraka Agricultural College.