Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HMIS Officer: CHS/HR/TPP/HMIS/01/2021
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence-informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of HMIS Officer: CHS/HR/TPP/HMIS/01/2021
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the CHS Tegemeza Plus Project HIS Lead and in collaboration with the M&E Officers, the HMIS Officer will be responsible for supporting EMR and data activities within Tegemeza Plus supported sites in Nyeri and Murang’a counties. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the efficient implementation of KenyaEMR and other systems at the facility level. H/She may be called upon to support data collection needs from time to time to support the monthly-required reporting needs.
- Support system installations and upgrades at CHS Tegemeza supported sites
- Support the MEO’s in uploading data to the National Data warehouse every month
- Support the MEO’s in monthly data collection and reporting
- Training facility staff on systems use (eHTS, KenyaEMR, Ushauri, DWAPI, ADT etc.)
- Testing and deploying solutions that incorporate a test results feedback loop for TB and Covid-19
- Hardware and network setup and maintenance
- Support Routine Data entry into Datim and 3 PM platforms
- Support in Programmatic Data collection and Verification at the facility level.
- Offer Technical support to the Program Team in EMR navigation and use.
- Together with program teams, develop and operationalise a schedule for monthly facility level monitoring visits to review KenyaEMR modules use and data use.
- Addressing queries raised by M&Eand program staff on submitted data in monthly MOH reports
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Health Records and Information Management or Information Technology.
- Experience in the design, programming and administration of transactional databases (MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in the Windows Server and Linux Server Administration
- Experience in designing networking & hardware maintenance
- Experience in Electronic Medical Records’ development, implementation and support
- Ability to work effectively in a busy, high-pressure team environment
- Ability to prioritise workload and demonstrate outcomes on strict deadlines
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Required Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of the National HIV, USG/PEPFAR funded programs and reporting requirements
- Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing and analytical skills
- Has initiative and ability to work without supervision in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
- Proficiency in relevant computer packages for generating and analysing reports
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards
- High level of integrity
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com indicating the subject title as HMIS Officer: CHS/HR/TPP/HMIS/01/2021, by 5.00 PM November 3, 2021.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification