Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the role | Product Manager (Global):
Greenlight Planet is looking for a Product Manager who will play the lead coordinating role in developing Greenlight’s future off-grid solar energy products and services. Reporting to the COO, you will work at the intersection of business, technology, and customer experience teams to ideate, develop, pilot, and launch new life-changing solar products across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
This role is an exciting career opportunity for a value-driven innovator with a combination of technical and organizational skills who is passionate about working with off-grid consumers and delivering the next generation of Sun King products.
The products and services you will build will have a transformative impact for millions of households.
1) New Product Identification:
- Generate, refine and consolidate new product ideas, market research and customer requirements, drawing from relationships across the company, including R&D, sales, marketing, and operations teams.
- Organize and facilitate research and analysis of competitive products in existing and new product categories, ensuring feedback is documented and passed on to all stakeholders.
2) New Product Pilots:
- Coordinate new-product pilot plans and timelines once each new product is ready for testing and commercialization. Proactively communicate and attempt to resolve delays or roadblocks.
- Publish and lead a pilot plan that includes geographies, timelines, logistics, and feedback consolidation.
- Consolidate feedback / reporting for each pilot, in a reasonably standardized format intelligible to all. Facilitate sessions between research, engineering, and commercial teams to close the pilot feedback and follow-up loop.
3) New Product Introduction:
- Advise marketing teams on creation of packaging, technical specification sheets, launch letters, fliers, product instructions, and communication regarding new product launches internally and externally. Proof-read and sign-off on documentation and instructions to ensure they are accurate, helpful, and complete.
- Prepare the initial training content for each of the new products that clearly outlines how to use the product, the functional features, required technical details, do’s and don’ts, value proposition. Circulate this to all Business SPOCs prior or along with the launch of the product.
- Provide support to the Marketing teams to come up with a well-defined value proposition for initial launch campaigns leveraging the feedback gathered during the pilots.
- Conduct user feedback exercises, including spot field audits after new product introduction to ensure any issues are properly communicated.
- Work with marketing teams to ensure that the new product is included in all Corporate Communication, including the newsletter.
4) General Product Issues & Feedback Mechanism:
- Maintain a FAQ directory for all products Update it for all new products introduced.
- Ensure that product complaints raised by customers are recorded and responded to on a timely basis. Coordinate with the partners, customers, and account managers to ensure the product complaints are adequately addressed, communicated and closed.
- Send weekly new product updates/working notes to Leadership and stakeholders including commercial, engineering, and customer service teams.
- Review and proof-read all existing product technical material and ensure it is updated from time to time for any material changes or errors. Provide feedback to the Marketing and Creative team to ensure the changes are incorporated.
5) Oversee the India Product development team:
- Technical testing, competition benchmarking, Vendor evaluation, Pilot production, collating sales feedback, OQC for mass production lot and on-going technical su
6) Team Management:
- Lead the development and continuous improvement within the product management team. Provide guidance for team member’s careers. Drive professional growth within the team, mentoring individuals to develop valuable skill sets.
- Open to travel at least 20% of the time
- Any other business: Any other business as assigned by your supervisor.
Does This Sound Like You?
Critical requirements for the role (Must-Haves):
- Leadership skills. Ability to manage projects and lead teams. You can rally a team to make decisions even in situations without formal authority or resources.
- Experience in the off-grid solar industry or a related field.
- A four-year or advanced degree in product design, engineering, energy systems, the physical sciences, or a related field.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, ability to figure things out with innovative thinking, problem-solving skills, and presence of mind.
- Ability to collect and synthesize user feedback for actionable items.
- Critical thinking skills: Strong ability to structure problems and drive towards solutions even in ambiguous situations.
- Track record of success in their role e.g. fast promotion, demonstrable experience in exceeding results in their role.
- Excellent communication skills, energy, and the ability to handle challenges at a rapidly growing organization. You can communicate product decisions in the lens of multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrates humility.
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits):
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
We place great importance on sustaining a diverse, inclusive work environment.
We believe that diversity (of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, personality type, perspective, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different) enriches innovation and our competitiveness in the market.
We strive to ensure diverse perspectives inform critical decisions, and we actively work towards ensuring all Greenlighters feel like they belong. We also know that sustaining an inclusive workplace requires conscious effort and is a continuous journey, not an end-state.
How To Apply
Greenlight recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes individuals based on experiences and demonstrated job performance, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.