Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR – GRADE 15
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Chief Internal Auditor will work together with the University Management and the University Council Audit Committee to provide internal processes control and risk management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of implementation policies and procedures that guide the University Internal Audit Functions.
- Carry out a full audit cycle on University Operation effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable government directives and regulations.
- Analyze and evaluate reports, data and any other relevant documentation from Finance Department and recommend how procedures and processes can be made more effective.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of the yearly Internal Audit plan
- Provide Management with reports on internal audit activities and engagements, as may be required.
- Provide quarterly reports to the University Council Audit Committee to facilitate decision making.
- Carry out investigative audits as may be requested by Management from time to time.
- Liaise with external auditors in both interim and final audits, for an external opinion of the financial affairs of Kenyatta University.
- Masters’ Degree in Financial Management or any other relevant area from a registered and recognized institution
- Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce, Business Management or any equivalent from a registered and recognized institution
- CPA (K), ACCA or the equivalent qualification
- At least five years’ working experience as a Senior Finance Manager in a reputable organization.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act
- Knowledge of Accounting systems
- Knowledge of the relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
Additional Skills / Requirements
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must pass the integrity test as required by Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
The terms for the above position includes a two (2) year performance based renewable contract, a generous medical scheme, house allowance and commuting allowance.
The applicants should provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence in area of specialization.
Applicants and Referees should write directly to:
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
PO. BOX 43844 – 00100 NAIROBI
Applications and letters from the referees should be received not later than
11TH NOVEMBER 2021
Kenyatta University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted