Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall Role Purpose
Under the supervision of Executive Head of School the Personal Assistant will perform a full range of secretarial and administrative duties for the EHOS to ensure the efficient and effective running of EHOS Office. The PA is expected to exercise the highest level of confidentiality in all matters in the EHOS office.
Personal Assistant to the Executive Head of School
• Act as a first point of contact within the school for members of staff, trustees, governors, local authorities, parents and others seeking contact with the EHOS.
• Proactively and timeously organise and manage the EHOS calendar to optimise tasks and workflow with meeting schedules and deadlines for information and documentation, whilst minimising disruptions, maintaining balance and providing adequate notice, including communicating with key internal and external stakeholders to organise appointments/meetings.
• Assemble and prepare papers required by the Executive Head of School to attend meetings, prepare reports, or reply to requests for information. Ensure that papers are given to the EHOS for the next day’s meetings and that any instructions/directions are obtained prior to the meeting.
• Assist with the general organisation of all School related events by planning the events, maintaining checklists, preparing programs, organising catering, placing work orders, ordering resources and supplies, and managing EHOS office guests.
• Arrange a variety of weekly meetings for EHOS and his direct reports, and internal committees and when required, take accurate notes. Ensure that matters arising from meetings are dealt with by the appropriate people within agreed timelines.
• Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with regard to issues concerning members of staff and students.
• Take minutes for the meetings of the Executive Committee and follow up on action items with the respective members.
• Organise school related events hosted by the EHOS and make necessary arrangements for his school related guests.
• Proofread and edit all communications from the EHOS and the EHOS office, including contracts and policies.
• Ensure all stationery and equipment needs for the EHOS office are met.
• Manage meal arrangements for the EHOS.
• Manage all travel arrangements for the EHOS.
• Manage the EHOS driver’s schedule and responsibilities.
• Any other reasonable responsibility assigned by the EHOS.
Responsibilities to the board of Governors,
• Preparation and distribution of the agenda and papers required for board of governor’s meetings.
• To attend and to take accurate minutes of board of governor’s meetings and the meetings of the Governor sub committees.
• Circulate matters arising to the relevant departmental directors.
• Coordinate dates and details for all Board and Board Subcommittee meetings and keep all members and the EHOS informed.
• Professionalism: Knowledge of all aspects of administration with proven analytical skills, Accuracy and a high level of attention to detail, Discrete at all times highly confidential
• Planning and organizing: Identifies priority activities and assignments and adjusts priorities as required; Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; Flexibility and excellent time management skills, including the ability to cope with competing demands under pressure and the ability to work autonomously
• Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and be comfortable both in the academic world and in a dynamic fast-growing organization, Strong interpersonal skills, including diplomatic verbal and written communication capabilities
• Bachelor’s degree required in Administration, Communication, Secretarial studies or equivalent
• Demonstrated experience of not less than 5 years in a senior administrative support role preferably in a school setting
Please read the job description before you apply for the position. Only those who meet the criterial set in the job description will be shortlisted for interviews.
Send your application letter and CV as one document to email@example.com not later than 12th November, 2021 stating clearly on the email subject line The job title and reference of the position you are applying for. E.g. Personal Assistant – PA/10/2021
Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted