Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deutsche Post DHL Group is the world’s leading logistics and mail company.
We’re one of the world’s largest employers, operating in over 220 countries and territories. We’re Europe’s largest postal service, partner for eCommerce and pioneers in secure digital communication. We’re number one in contract logistics and international express delivery, and a leader in the forwarding business.
Join us and you’ll be working for a global company that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability, and using the power of global trade to connect people and improve lives.
And not just for our Customers, but for every member of our Group too.
At DHL Supply Chain Kenya we’re looking for…
Transport Coordinator (Temporary Contract)
This is a busy, fast paced operation which offers many challenges and opportunities for the right person. This position is based at Nairobi, Kenya
The Transport Operations Coordinator will be responsible for turnaround of shuttles and allocation to the various plants, distribution of pallets to the plants availability to the plants and ensure steady supply. Manage stock count in the plants on the floor for evacuation both local and exports. Documentation for what is loaded out, sending truck tracking notification to Control tower and Unilever logistics team, dispatch report of the day’s activities. The incumbent will act as a liaison with the client, Unilever to coordinate factory clearance to prevent congestion on the floor to avoid factory shut down within set lead times and with zero harm. He or she will also interface with document handling specialist on delivery documents, . The position requires an ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment, communicate information clearly and keep a constant focus on the work.
All employees, Departmental Managers Performance Indicators
- Ensure daily briefing and debriefing is done before commencing operations.
- Has in hand daily opening and closing physical stock count report.
- Accurate dispatch records for factory evacuation and collections from 3rd party manufacturers
- Cost Avoidance Management by monitoring factory clearance, adequate supply of empty pallets to prevent congestion on the floor hence avoid factory shut down within set lead times and with zero harm.
- Ensure each truck loads a minimum of 2 trips per shift
- Follow up on 100% proof of delivery (POD) documents for trips loaded within the shift
- Ensure to meet target TAT of 4hrs for each truck at either loading or offloading point, any issues to be escalated to Site Lead and be documented
- Ensure to escalate any delays after truck has stayed for 2hrs at any point for resolution
- Direct the daily activity to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for team members
- Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Ensure company policies are applied and enforced
- Work in collaboration with other DHL and Unilever/Upfield sites to maximize efficiencies and best practice
- Fully responsible for managing relationship with Unilever/Upfield management / staff on and off Unilever/Upfield facilities
- Ensure all DHL personnel and third party personnel on site understand and comply to all site safety and security rules and regulations.
- Accounts for all DHL assets and personnel (including third party staff) on site.
- Timely communication of any truck breakdowns and truck non-compliance to Workshop and Site Lead
- Update all trips done within the shift in Kewill
- Ensure truck checklists are done by drivers before loading each truck and they are submited to workshop team
- Keep safe the fuel card and ensure fueling requirements are met by the drivers
- You may be required to undertake other duties as necessitated by business needs that may not be part of the responsibilities outlined in this role profile.
- High school/secondary education
- University Graduate
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and planning skills
- Excellent communicator (verbal & written)
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
- Knowledge of customs requirements
- Knowledge of working time legislation
English and Kiswahili both spoken and written.