Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the role:
We currently seek a Maintenance Improvement Engineer -Kilifi, under the Operational excellence unit, to Influence continuous productivity improvement of the automotive unit through recognized productivity programs such as OE, TPM, etc. in East Africa’s largest organics recycling facility. The role is based in our facility in Kilifi.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize best practice continuous improvement methodologies to drive effective training and development of these capabilities to ensure a sustainable continuous improvement culture through recognized productivity programs such as OE, TPM, and Six Sigma.
- Influence continuous productivity improvement through recognized productivity programs such as OE, TPM, and Six Sigma.
- Facilitating the production teams to achieve daily/hourly KPIsthrough problem solving, review of FMEAs, and preparation of OEE and other technical data aimed at exposing areas of improvement within the process.
- Develop standard operating procedures and work instructions for asset usage and maintenance
- Provide support in the resolution of breakdowns
- Liaise with the supervisor in the implementation of the problem-solving tools
- Implement corrective and preventive actions within the allocated timelines
- Ensure all maintenance issues are logged
- Propose maintenance improvements to the manager
- Calculate and track MTBF and MTTR for all equipment
- Develop and refine AM and PM schedules to improve equipment reliability
- Coordinate with the requesting teams in conducting Preventive Maintenance, resolving Breakdowns, operator assessments, and training.
- Proactively contributing to conflict resolution through open and honest discussions, reporting unresolved conflict to your Supervisor or Talent Partner
- Maintain a cordial working relationship with teammates
- Work with existing vendors within the established relationship
- Suggest new vendors to the manager or supervisor
- Develop a monthly and weekly schedule for operator and technician assessments and training
- Share ideas on how to standardize and improve maintenance data and processes
- Implement improvement ideas and share feedback
- Escalate in advance when facing blocks
- Keeping track of the maintenance expenses for all assets
- Ask questions and listen to items escalated by the operators in order to understand issues with the assets”- Provide feedback to operators on the usage of assets
- Ask for feedback from stakeholders (operators and managers) to improve the maintenance performance
- Execute tasks within the existing processes and policies
- Share a report of team failures and learning derived from them
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Mechatronic Engineering /Electrical & Electronics Engineering(with experience in mechanical Maintenance/Machinery) /Mechanical Engineering(with experience in Electrical Maintenance/Machinery)
- Experience in handling both mechanical and electrical machinery.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
- Previous experience working with; vibro fluid bed dryer and cooler, electrical dryers, conveyors, boilers, climate control systems, motors, security systems, PLCs (Siemens and Delta), generators, transformers, power distribution systems, consumer units, control panels, switch gears, solar system, and inverters.
How To Apply