Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Pathology- Molecular Section
Entity: Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will be responsible for planning and organizing operations in the Molecular section to achieve quality diagnostic outcomes within targeted turnover times and overhead costs, to support business goals and strategies. The incumbent will report to the Laboratory Manager.
- Responsible for conducting staff induction and competency assessment activities.
- Plan Continuous Professional Development session in the section.
- Assure continued growth in technical competence among the staff
- Ensure there is adequate supply of reagents and that reagents are maintained under appropriate environmental conditions
- Ensure good maintenance of consumables and equipment
- Develop and manage processes within the section as per the department’s expectation.
- Provide technical leadership for quality improvement and patient safety initiatives
- Organize and track test quality and introduction, including EQA, SOP development and test validations
- Participate in continuous medical education
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or a related field from a recognized institute
- Experience in clinical molecular diagnostics
- Registered with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technician and Technologists Board
- Minimum 5 years as a Senior Technologist in a busy molecular clinical laboratory with training in Quality Management Systems or Health & Safety and Financial Management.
- Decision making skills.
- Disciplined, focused.
- Proactive and creative
How To Apply