Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- The Paralegal performs relatively complex assignments.
- Has direct impact on the business by ensuring the quality of the tasks or services provided.
- Works under little to no direct supervision.
- May service an expansive and/or diverse array of products/services.
- Applies working knowledge of technical and professional principles and concepts and in depth knowledge of team objectives.
- Understands how assigned duties contribute to the work of the team/unit and how the units coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve the objectives of the function.
- Ensures the quality and service of self and others.
- May recommend new options to enhance productivity in accordance with guidelines.
- Requires tact and diplomacy when exchanging complex or sensitive information with others.
- Is sensitive to audience diversity.
- Basic knowledge of the organization, the business and its policies required.
- Typically responsible for resolving basic to moderately complex problems based on practice and precedence.
- Able to assess applicability of similar experiences and evaluate options under circumstances not covered by procedures.
- Performs varied work that involves moderate initiative and responsibility, to assist in-house and outside counsels with complex and variable matters
- Responsible for assisting lawyers and legal professionals in executing legal transactions
- Prepares basic documents or contracts for review and evaluation by others
- Handles routine litigation matters with limited settlement authority
- Engages in communication with business clients
- Performs legislative/regulatory tracking
- Performs other legal-related tasks, such as updating matter management database with case specific information and providing documents requested by other legal staff
- Performs routine legal research and compiles data from such references as digests, encyclopedias, practice manuals or other sources, including on-line resources
- Performs administrative tasks such as scheduling, calendar management and organizing data and meetings
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- 0-2 years relevant experience
- Paralegal Certificate from an accredited institution
- Technical skills (e.g., e-mail systems, Word, Excel, Access, Internet: Lexis/Westlaw)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to review and organize numerous related documents
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Assist to provide a legal/company secretarial budget in line with country timelines;
- Serve as lead liaison with regulators and other internal/external auditors with respect to deliverables from the legal department;
- Assist to file and manage expenses against budget and in line with Citi Expense Management policy requirements;
- Monitor and report deviations/variances in the unit’s budget;
- Co-ordinate onboarding processes for law firms and relevant vendors of the department as required from time to time;
- Prepare and submit monthly accruals in line with timelines;
- Process bills and expenses promptly; maintain accurate record of same;
- Provide business support to aid existing and pipeline business initiatives; Maintain register of external legal opinions;
- Provide valuable inputs to promote business and operational efficiency;
- Assist to compile the list of external counsel for approval, as part of the annual review process of approved external counsel
- Assist the Company Secretaries in TZ, ZB & UG in arranging hitch-free meetings of the Bank’s directors and the shareholders of the banks;
- Produce highly confidential documents and correspondence as they relate to the Board and the shareholders; Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of shareholders and shareholding structure of the 3 Franchises.
- Provide professional support to the TZ, ZB & UG Company Secretaries with respect to all matters relating to members of the Board and the shareholders of the Bank.
- Handle all matters relating to regulatory filings with respect to the appointment and resignation of Board members.
- Process necessary secretarial filings with relevant regulatory authorities and ensure circulation to where required.
- Compile register of sealed documents in the Bank and render reports of such documents to the Board of Directors.
- Collating Board packs;Collating MCA supporting materials;
- Coordinating translations of legal documents, statutes, regulations/Court orders on ad-hoc basis from Kiswahili to English;
- Ordering, procuring and management of stationery needs in Legal depts;
- Collating monthly and quarterly reports / background materials for them, scanning / copying documents;
- General business and administrative support.
How To Apply